Help with milight

Hi David…

Thanks for the insight! At times I thought I was mixing it, but I have to be honest - I found it very confusing to differentiate what type configuration belonged to what binding, or even what binding I have? I assume since I have OpenHAB2 and it came with it, it’s version 2? I definitely have no problem with OpenHAB with the multiple methods of configuration, I think it provides good flexibility. I came from 1.7, and still actually prefer to set those up manually - I find it more comfortable to integrate into the sitemap, although I do have to admit the autodetect was easy!

Honestly the whole MiLight/LimitlessLED/whateverthe@$$$namethisthingismarketedunder is confusing. 3 hardware bridge versions, 2 ibox versions, old led’s new led’s use this if you have this bridge, this bulb wont work with that… I can certainly see why the binding is such a challenge.

I currently have 2 sets - 1 bridge (gold sticker) and 1 ibox1, both with a set of Warm White and 1 set of RGBWW.
I tried first with the bridge and the RGBWW set and this is what I got working.
I wasnt successful in getting the ibox to auto detect yet even so its on the network.
These sets are also on 2 different OpenHAB installations in 2 different locations, so they are not interferring.

Thanks for everyones input!

The challenging part of the development is, that I’m not at home since a year now and I didn’t have access to old or new milights while I developed the binding. I will hopefully soon visit a OH user with milights in Sydney and can finally test those different iBox things with different bulb types.

Cheers, David

Hello eveybody,

I have couple of questions:

• To use Milight with openHAB, do I need Milight bridge?
  • I can not use “WiFi LED Binding”, and with wifi led do I need any kind of bridge?

Milight bulbs are not speaking WiFi directly, they require a bridge. There are 3 different bridges on the market nowadays, it depends on the production date of your bulbs which bridge you need.

1 Like