Heos (Denon) support

There we have it, it was already reported: [homeconnect] Home Connect Binding initial contribution by bruestel · Pull Request #6794 · openhab/openhab-addons · GitHub

You should not return the originalStateDescription here. It will break other bindings that have dynamic state descriptions.

1 Like

Hey guys,

I am looking into the Denon X1600H with HEOS and came across this thread. Would this and or the Denon binding work with that receiver?

Hi TheJM,

yes, that works. I am using the X1600H as well.

2 Likes

Hi guys,
since the upgrade to 2.5.7 it seems that my HEOS favorites are no longer working like before.
I have to specify myself:
In the past I had I set up the item for the favorites in HABPanel that the options are coming from the server and I can choose them. This is no longer working because I do not get options listed.
When I set the options in a comma separated list all is working fine.

And this I am experiencing since the upgrade.

He everyone, I just started with openHAB and I want to thank everyone who is creating awesome bindings like this one!

I got everything working so far and I am stuck now with shutting down my HEOS player from openHAB. I have perfectly working rules to start playlists and change volume but the following command is not doing anything:

HEOS_Wohnzimmer_Control.sendCommand(OFF)

I was reading in this post that others also had this issue. Is it a Bug or am I missing something?

Thanks!

@togi the behaviour of the HEOS favorites and playlists was indeed altered for release 2.5.6, so not specifically for release 2.5.7.

Since 2.5.6 they will arrive as options inside the stateDescription. For playlists we have the same behaviour. Does this answer your questions or would you need more details?

Could you let me know what version you came from and what exact code you used to populate the list.

@PhilippRoessner the item which has to postfix _Control is the Player item it is not supposed to shutdown the players. If you just want to stop stop the music you should maybe send a PAUSE instead.

The binding does not support a real shutdown it does support a reboot but that sounds like something you are not looking for.

1 Like

Hello Martin,

thanks for confirming that at least something has changed. :wink:
I don´t know exactly from which version I came from but I have defintely skipped 2.5.6.

In the past it worked out of the box for me. There was no code to populate the list I just used the defined item in HABPanel as a selection with automatically configured choices.

Could you check whether the list of items is populated when checking in the basic UI or maybe in the REST API. It seems that HABPanel has support for options inside the stateDescription already for a long time.

@rkrisi I’m confused did the previous version of the binding support it like that?

I’m not using HABPanel that extensively, but before favorites was supported only by their own Switch item (on Bridge, Player and Group level as well), as far as I know, no other methods were available to play your favorites easily (except that you could execute cli commands directly which can return the available favorites), so I don’t know how HABPanel populated these dinamically since you only have a bunch of Switches. Maybe it would be good to know which widget does this in HABPanel.

1 Like

When this change happened in the binding, it was an easy enough process to delete the Thing.

Discover it again.

(Which linked back in previous items, with the exception of the Favourite switches)

Then add a String Item for the favourites.

In HabPanel, just use a Selection widget, configured to poll openHAB2 for the options.
(Or you can create your own comma separated list {based on the valid values} if you want a custom list)

1 Like

Indeed, I forgot that you should re-add it. Otherwise it wil kind of keep the old definition, thanks a lot!

1 Like

Is there a way to use the PLAYLISTS - Item in a Sitemap without firing the command to actually start playing? I’d like to just select a playlist and ask the state in a rule.

Could you elaborate on that, I do not have a clear view of steps you would like to take? Could you maybe sketch them more step-by-step?

I also forgot that! I would be really happy if this would be somehow solved in OH3, so it knows when a Thing configuration changed during update/bundle update.

@PhilippRoessner

I think I understand what he tries to do. He want to fetch the available playlists in a rule.
Right now the easiest way I think is to execute the RAW CLI command for this and parse the returned JSON for yourself in your rule. Then you can do anything with the available playlists and it will not have any influence on the currently played medium.

@rkrisi @martinvw
I created a recurring alarm control (see full example)

This is now my modified sitemap

sitemap default label="HomeControl"
{
    Switch item=State_Presence_Rules label="Presence Rules" 
    Default item=Network_PhilippPixel_Lastseen label="Pixel zuletzt gesehen"
    Frame label="Wecker" {
        Selection item=ALARM1_PERSON1_D label="Tage" mappings=[0="  Aus  ", 1="  Mo - Fr  ", 2="  Sa - So  ", 3="  Alle Tage  "]
        Setpoint item=ALARM1_PERSON1_H label="Stunde" minValue=0 maxValue=23 step=1
        Setpoint item=ALARM1_PERSON1_M label="Minuten" minValue=0 maxValue=55 step=5
        Selection item=ALARM1_PLAYLIST label="Playlist"
    }
}

What I would like to do now is to select a playlist within that control. When the alarm (timer) fires, I just want to read the selected value from that item and send it to the playlist command. When I select the playlist right now it fires immediately the play command.

@rkrisi I am gonna have a look at that tomorrow, you know some similar example I could check?

I understand your use case noem however I would not know how to support it. So ideally we would either suppress/change the behavior using profiles or create a proxy item with the same options in the dropdown list. If you find someone who knows how to do it on Spotify that could work because we use the same way. I’ll try to read some more about using profiles maybe it could also help us to support the options which the HEOS app gives you when running a playlist (add, play next, replace, etc)

Maybe @rlkoshak has some briljant idea to solve or workaround this.

Unfortunenatly re-adding the things does not solve my problem.
I hope I made it in the correct way.
I do not use Paper UI, I use text files for the things and items.
So I have deleted the things file and the item file as well. (In PaperUI still showing HEOS things).
Restarted OpenHAB. Things were gone. Maintained the things and item files again.
==> things and items available again but the same error for the Favorites.

To be honest: I can absolutely live with maintaining the four favorites I have as comma separated file in HABPanel.

I would be really curious how it shows in the REST API when viewing the item?

grafik