Hexadecimal string in tcp binding

This does not seem right. Please share your log, maybe @J-N-K can comment further.

Thatā€™s clearly not normal. I donā€™t see that behavior in my test setup (a simple TCP echo server).

But I donā€™t know a rule is used in the first place. Why not use a switch channel?

Hello

Iā€™m away for a few days, Iā€™ll send you the log files next week. Have a nice week end.

Hello everyone

I come back to you to give you a report of the various tests that I carried out.
In order to have a readable .log file I created a new OpenHAB program which only has two things, a TCP client with a channel String and a TCP client with a channel Switch.
First of all I tested the two things towards a Hercules TCP server to verify the sends and I confirm that in both cases it is indeed the correct hex strings that are sent.
And these same strings sent with the HERCULE client work perfectly on the Samsung monitor.
I then tested the commands sent from things on the Samsung monitor and there it doesnā€™t work.
Neither the Switch thing nor the String thing.
To make it work on the monitor I added the value ā€œ0ā€ in ā€œState Contentā€
of the channel of the String thing.
Hope this can shed some light on what exactly is going on.

I attach the .log files of the tests

At your disposal
events.log (38 KB)

Hello everyone

I come back to you to give you a report of the various tests that I carried out.
In order to have a readable .log file I created a new OpenHAB program which only has two things, a TCP client with a channel String and a TCP client with a channel Switch.
First of all I tested the two things towards a Hercules TCP server to verify the sends and I confirm that in both cases it is indeed the correct hex strings that are sent.
And these same strings sent with the HERCULE client work perfectly on the Samsung monitor.
I then tested the commands sent from things on the Samsung monitor and there it doesnā€™t work.
Neither the Switch thing nor the String thing.
To make it work on the monitor I added the value ā€œ0ā€ in ā€œState Contentā€
of the channel of the String thing.
Hope this can shed some light on what exactly is going on.

I attach the log file as well as the backup file of the pgm openhab

(Attachment openhab-backup-22_02_16-12_48_42.zip is missing)

events.log (38 KB)

you will find the backup file here

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.