[HIKVISION] Hikvision DS-KIS604-S(B) - Grab Ring-Bell Signal

Hello everyone,
i bought myself a Hikvision DS-KIS604-S(B) bundle.

What i now want to accomplish is, that i somehow get the information that someone rang the bell into my openHAB.

1. There is no binding due to the fact, that HIKVISION is proprietary stuff → NOT POSSIBLE?
  2. Using one of the Pins of the device, to grab a signal and “measure it” via e.g. Shelly i3 from ds-kh6320-wte1 or DS-KV8113-WME1(B)

Has anyone experience with that?
I think all of the “alarm” pins are for the device itsself to start the alarm, but not provide the information, that an alarm is present at the moment …

I do not own a Hikvision doorstation. So the following may not apply to it.
The product that I use is a product from a different vendor.
It uses SIP protocol to ring / for intercom and to open the gate.

I am using an account that I extracted from the app using a rooted phone.
This account is being used by twinkle on my Pi.
So in case on rings the bell twinkle on the Pi gets informed about this.
A python script that is used as a shell around twinkle then sets an item in OH.
Once the item is triggered all alexa echo’s give an annoucement/notification about that the bell is ringing.

So in case you can re-use an existing account in your Hikvision that needs to use SIP or you can create a new account that subscribes via SIP protocol it should be possible to solve it.

1 Like

Far too advanced for me :sweat_smile:

My devices ship with a PoE Switch and the DoorStation as well as the MainStation completely run just via one ethernet cable

The door opener contact uses two pins on the DoorStation, using the externally provided supply

But i need to get the information as soon as someone presses the “Ring-Soft-Button” of the DoorStation
I was hoping, that one of the acressible Pins can be used for that and i just did not see it until know

From another thread

I have created an Addon for Home Assistant, its based on the SDK from hikvision
it can grab events, like motion, zone alarm, doorbell ringing
it can send commands, like reject call, open door
If you own indoor station, you can have alarm scenes

Intitally it was an addon for Home Assistant, but we made a container version also, all is based on mqtt

have a look in the “dev” branch

2 Likes

Very nice and thank you for your work!

So if i understand right, there is no docker-hub repository where this is always kept up do date or something?
If i would like to go with the docker-version i have to build this container by myself, correct?

Yes correct, for now you need to build yourself, we are almost in final release

1 Like

Does mean “almost in final release” that you will publish a working docker-container once the final release is finished so my option could also be just to wait for a “official” container?

Hmm, dont know yet, don’t have any experience with docker hub, never done it…

So maybe ;+)

1 Like

Nice!

Just as a Starting point, my code to build docker containers and push them to docker-hub looks like this:

docker buildx build --platform ${aplat} -t ${tag} --push .

As far as i imagine, the first time you use the --push argument, your credentials for docker-hub are asked and will be used for the following pushes

Also this article may help:

So basically its very easy :wink:

Ok sounds indeed easy… The beta addon in dev branch is actually finished, just some cleanup code needed…
But you can already use it now, when you build yourself…

I think release will be happening on hub somewhere september

1 Like

I officialy wanted to say thank you
The docker variant works very well for me

I thought it would not be possible to gather information from a hikvision system but your work was the solution for me!

1 Like

I hope others will like it too :slight_smile:

Would it be possible to provide docker image or “how to” to build one?
I am going to buy DS-KIS604 as well and would like to integrate it with Google Home (Nest Hub2) using openhab to show incoming call when somebody rings at the front door.
Thanks a lot.

The docker image is available on my github

Have found it: https://github.com/pergolafabio/Hikvision-Addons/blob/main/docs/docker.md
Thanks a lot.

1 Like

One more question:
Does it really need indoor station to grab the events?
Or what did you mean by the following:
“If you own indoor station, you can have alarm scenes”

I am thinking to avoid any (hikvision) indoor stations and using android tablets/phones with Hikvision app instead. If so, I would preffer DS-KV9503-WBE1 model.

Thanks once more.

No, most events are coming from outdoor station, the alarm scenes are for users who use the Hikvision for alarm panels, like home/away mode…

You can use indeed hikconnect app, but be aware its a cloud service, it have sometimes delays, so it can happen that your hikconnect starts ringing when the visitor is already left…

If you want indoor stations yourself, maybe look at sip protocol instead

Thanks once more.
I do not have Video Intercom yet, but I do have 2 outdoor Hikvision cameras.
I have tried to deploy the container and configure the cameras in env just to check if i am able to manage it running.
Unfortunatelly my cams ids are not supported, have found the following in the log:

File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/enum.py”, line 710, in new

• raise ve_exc*

ValueError: 41 is not a valid DeviceType

, I suppose it is managed at doorbell.py:
class DeviceType(IntEnum):
OUTDOOR = 603
INDOOR = 602
VillaVTO = 605
K1T671MF = 896
K1T341AM = 10503
K1T341M = 10510
K1T342 = 10538
HD = 31
AccessControlTerminal = 861

I am thinking about two models to obtain, K1T341AM/F or DS-KV9503-WBE1. The first one is supported as I can see. Would it be problem to add support for the second one? It would help me to decide.

Thanks a lot.
Regards.

No, the addon is not used for cameras, it doesnt expose feed, no need for it… is purely used for events, open door, zone control…

If you didnt buy it, and you want to have non-hikvision indoor, stay away from it, or you are forced to use sip…
But sip doesnt allow to send early video before pickup, if you want to call multiple endpoints