HM-TC-IT-WM-W-EU thermostat - set control-mode

Hi Guys,
i have a small Problem with the Homematic Wallthermostat HM-TC-IT-WM-W-EU.

Environment:
openHAB 2.2.0~20170916011924-1 (Build #1039)
CCU2 with Firmware 2.29.22
Device Firmware: 1.3

Problem:
I can receive the Control-Mode via this item:

String Emily_Heizungsthermostat_Modus "Heizungsthermostat Emily Modus[MAP(heizung1_de.map):%s]" <heating> (gEmily, gHeizung, gHeizungsMode) {channel="homematic:HM-TC-IT-WM-W-EU:6d1a3e28:MEQ0745324:2#CONTROL_MODE"}

But i was looking for an option to change the control mode via OH and found a bit confusing information.
It seems there should be a possibility to set the control-mode via a channel 4. But looking into my thing in paper ui i only see channel 0,1 and 2.
So i have tested these items, but they did not work for me:

Switch Emily_Heizungsthermostat_AutoModus "Heizungsthermostat Emily AutoMode" <heating> (gEmily, gHeizung, gHeizungsMode) {channel="homematic:HM-TC-IT-WM-W-EU:6d1a3e28:MEQ0745324:2#AUTO-MODE"}
Switch Emily_Heizungsthermostat_ManuModus "Heizungsthermostat Emily ManuMode" <heating> (gEmily, gHeizung, gHeizungsMode) {channel="homematic:HM-TC-IT-WM-W-EU:6d1a3e28:MEQ0745324:2#MANU-MODE"}

Switch Emily_Heizungsthermostat_AutoModus "Heizungsthermostat Emily AutoMode" <heating> (gEmily, gHeizung, gHeizungsMode) {channel="homematic:HM-TC-IT-WM-W-EU:6d1a3e28:MEQ0745324:4#AUTO-MODE"}
Switch Emily_Heizungsthermostat_ManuModus "Heizungsthermostat Emily ManuMode" <heating> (gEmily, gHeizung, gHeizungsMode) {channel="homematic:HM-TC-IT-WM-W-EU:6d1a3e28:MEQ0745324:4#MANU-MODE"}

Reading this post led me to the conclusion there should be a few options to set via OH:

BidCos-RF.MEQ0237467:2.CONTROL_MODE
BidCos-RF.MEQ0237467:2.LOWBAT_REPORTING
BidCos-RF.MEQ0237467:2.COMMUNICATION_REPORTING
BidCos-RF.MEQ0237467:2.WINDOW_OPEN_REPORTING
BidCos-RF.MEQ0237467:2.BATTERY_STATE
BidCos-RF.MEQ0237467:2.BOOST_STATE
BidCos-RF.MEQ0237467:2.ACTUAL_TEMPERATURE
BidCos-RF.MEQ0237467:2.ACTUAL_HUMIDITY
BidCos-RF.MEQ0237467:2.SET_TEMPERATURE
BidCos-RF.MEQ0237467:2.AUTO_MODE
BidCos-RF.MEQ0237467:2.MANU_MODE
BidCos-RF.MEQ0237467:2.BOOST_MODE
BidCos-RF.MEQ0237467:2.COMFORT_MODE
BidCos-RF.MEQ0237467:2.LOWERING_MODE

But reading this (i know not exactly the HM-TC-IT-WM-W-EU):

And especially this post:

gerrieg commented on Dec 20, 2016
LOWBAT is a boolean and therefore a Switch

No, there are currently no item properties available in OH2, so you have to configure it on the channel

No problem, a task on my todo list is to update the Homematic readme with more informations

So does this mean changing the control mode is (not yet) possible with the 2.x homematic binding, but was in OH1? Or, if we really think about the HM-TC-IT-WM-W-EU just supports getting the control-mode but does not support setting it?

BR
Andreas

Hi Andreas,

I works a bit different and it is not very intuitive:
MANU_MODE is a number and contains the temperature you want to set in manual mode. If set this value then the device sets this temperature and automatically switches to manual mode.
You can then use the AUTO_MODE switch to go back to auto mode.

BTW: the CCU contains a special config page that allows you see and manipulate data points directly (this post contains an explanation: https://homematic-forum.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=26624). I have used this page to figure out how it works :slight_smile:

Martin

If i remember right, just search the homegear forum. In one of the threads this is diskussed very deeply

Hi,
i am new to openhab. Now i want to remove the logic from the ccu and rebuild it in openhab2.
Some things work as i expect them but setting the control mode is not working for me.

Do you have an example, how the items is configured an how it is set in manuell mode.

Setting the target temperature works for me, but i cant set it to manuell mode

Thx Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang, i have solved my Setup this way:

1. I have named one of the virtual buttons like “Emily Modus MANU”

2. This is how my Thermostat Channels are named

3. My Programs Overview

4. Program for Auto Switch

5. Program for Manu Switch

6. My Openhab Thing Config of the Virtual Remote

7. My Item config

8. I use 2 Buttons at Habpanel for the Mode then:

Cheers
Andi

2 Likes

Thank you for the nice idea. I’ve optimized it a little bit for me.

I’ve used just one virtual device per room:

The “#PRESS_LONG” datapoint is used for switching to AUTO-MODE. “PRESS_SHORT” is used for switching to MANU-MODE. It’s less to configure and I have a better overview now.

|Switch Gaeste_WC_Heizung_Modus_Auto "Gäste-WC Heizung Modus Auto" <switch> { channel="homematic:HM-RCV-50:homematic-raspi:BidCoS-RF:1#PRESS_LONG" }|
|Switch Gaeste_WC_Heizung_Modus_Manu "Gäste-WC Heizung Modus Manu" <switch>{ channel="homematic:HM-RCV-50:homematic-raspi:BidCoS-RF:1#PRESS_SHORT" }|
Switch item=Gaeste_WC_Heizung_Modus_Auto label="Heizungsmodus: Manuell" mappings=[ON="Automatisch"] visibility=[Gaeste_WC_Heizung_Mode=="MANU-MODE"] icon="hand"
Switch item=Gaeste_WC_Heizung_Modus_Manu label="Heizungsmodus: Automatisch" mappings=[ON="Manuell"] visibility=[Gaeste_WC_Heizung_Mode=="AUTO-MODE"] icon="robot"

I’ve added this two lines to my sitemap. The visibility parameter checks, which mode is actually active (Gaeste_WC_Heizung_Mode is getting it’s value from the CONTROL_MODE datapoint) and shows the suitable switch-item.