Home Connect binding

Hi Jörg

I think the code that you should use doesn’t need to be displayed on the appliance (dishwasher). At least I didn’t see such for my dryer and washer.
It was probably that
first key which you’ve got with the curl commands
and/or the 2nd one which you need to use in Paper UI in order to get the connection up.

There is only one part where you interact directly with the appliance, which is when you add it to the network to be used for the Siemens App for instance.

Regards
Stefan

Hi Stefan,

that’s what I also expected, but I have no idea what Code should be entered at the end of this process on Home Connect Portal (where I logged in which my Home Connect (not Developer) Account) and where I granted access to my devices.

Is there a way to remove/revoke this? As I tried around a bit, there might be some open requests, so I could start from scratch with authorization, while I already deleted this “Application” on Developer Portal, recreated this and used that for the latest process (last night) so from my point it is already from scratch.

Or I missed any piece, where to enter username/password as well??

Regards,
Joerg

Hi Jörg

I remember that I have had difficulties with user settings as well.
The unclear part here is, that there are two users involved referring to each other.

• One is the login user (username) to the portal and
  • the other one is the application user (email) used for openhab to connect

Please check following: Home Connect binding - #26 by smhaller

BTW: I also had issues with the browser used to complete the authentication process. FF didn’t I used Chrome

Hope it helps.

Regards
Stefan

Hi Stefan,

appreciate your help.

But I successfully completed authentication process without any errors and got all Token/Keys created and entered these 3 information to PaperUI (as described). All done with FF and Edge on Windows 10.

Just it’s not working and I do get the Error in Karaf that username/password is wrong.

Questions:

1. Is there anything else to be configured in PaperUI (like username/password) which i missed?
  2. Which Code should be entered when Home Connect Portal ask “enter code displayed on device” or could this simply kept empty

Regards,
Joerg

Hmm

I’m not aware of any username/password setting in PaperUI as such

I would think that OH tries to connect to siemens api
for the connection it needs to have the “client id” (username), Client secret (password) and the refresh token.

Referring to the error. I would say this is pointing to Client ID. But maybe I’m wrong with that.

@jb4711: Jonas maybe you can help here?

Cheers
Stefan

Dear all,

no idea where I changed road last night after all the testing etc.

I have just deleted the App once more in Developer Account, created a new one, passed both curl commands with no errors and added to PaperUI => working like a charm and got all Things for my Dishwasher discovered.

Still a shame that I have to maually activate remote start capability on the physical device but at least I got all status :wink:

Very good - I’m pleased to read that it works. Have fun! :slightly_smiling_face:

OpenHAB newbie here. This is my first time I’m trying to install a non standard binding.

I managed to setup my home connect developer ID. Executed the curl commands successfully. Got my device-id, got my authorization from home connect etc. etc. All is fine, BUT…

I’m a bit puzzled by

1. Setup Paper UI

The Home Connect bridge can be configured in the Paper UI as follows:

1. Go to Inbox > Choose Binding and add a new “HomeConnect Binding”.

Can someone enlighten this noob how to install the binding?

With some searching on the community I downloaded the 4 jar files to /usr/share/openhab2/addons and made openhab the owner. I modified the /etc/openhab2/services/addons.cfg to include the home connect binding restarten OpenHAB and…I nearly destroyed my setup…

Thanks in advance!

Hello janser1
I’m a bit puzzled too reading it again :wink:

If you dropped the jar file in the correct folder, the binding should be installed directly. Can you first check in Paper UI -> Configuration -> Bindings. Is HomeConnect Binding listed here?

If it’s listed, the binding should already be installed correctly. The device itself should then be found automatically and you’ll find it under Inbox.

Hope that helps ?

Nope, I can’t see Homeconnect binding in Paper UI -> Configuration -> Bindings

That’s the problem.

What I find strange is that my /etc/openhab2/services/addons.cfg has no configuration defined at all. everything is commented out.

#binding =

As soon as I add

#binding = homeconnect

OpenHAB starts to deinstall all my bindings

The addons.cfg is only for manual configurations (see here). I think if you define something here, you need to define everything in here. So it’s correct that everything is commented. At least mine is too.

How did you install openhab2? The path is correct for repository installation, but is different for manual installations (see here).

Something seems strange: You mentioned “4 jar files”. I only have one file that I dropped in /usr/share/openhab2/addons, it’s called “org.openhab.binding.homeconnect-2.4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar”

I did a repository install.

I think the problem will be the jar files. I got them from here

Where did you get yours?

And we have progress…

I downloaded the org.openhab.binding.homeconnect-2.4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar file and put it in /usr/share/openhab2/addons

The binding was there but there were no things to choose.

Then I changed the ownership just to be sure

sudo chown openhab org.openhab.binding.homeconnect-2.4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

and I restarted OpenHAB

sudo systemctl stop openhab2.service

sudo systemctl start openhab2.service

Now I can see all the appliances.

@pgruetter - Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Great, glad you got it working :wink:

just installed and configured on 2.5.0 M1. Works as expected :grinning: :+1:

After having checked the binding description again: all channel type IDs for “coffeemaker” are read only. The homeconnect App on the other side can trigger some activities (like on/off, choose program …).
Is there a chance to have the channels also be able to write data to the machine/trigger actions?

Besides that, what use cases have you implemented with the homeconnect binding and openhab?

Yes it is on the todo list.

I monitor my dishwasher. Time till finished etc.

Hi jonas,

I have forgot the modelnumber, but i have this washingmachine with i-DOS, could the binding provide information if it needs a refill? Or could i provide some data to help implement this?

The binding is pretty stable as far as i can tell, using it for months now. Only thing is the first time setup with all the authentication stuff is not taht simple to do.

Is there any change this binding can get merged in the addons repo? i’m anxiously about updating my openhab as some external repo bindings might not be compatible due to all the changes in the build system being done.

Hi,

Not sure if it’s possible. Is it possible that you could increase the log level of the binding via osgi shell

openhab> log:set DEBUG org.openhab.binding.homeconnect

cool

It’s on is way.

I run openhab (latest syno-build) on a Synology Intel-NAS. I get a “COMMUNICATION_ERROR javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Received fatal alert: handshake_failure”. All other bindings are okay. This may be because of a problem with the cert. Has anybody else a problem of this kind?