Home Connect binding

Thanks for the hint, will try that. Didn’t update my OH3 installation yet, will test again once I did that.

If you are on OH 2.5.x then you need to install the binding manually from the download link at the top of this thread. But if you are on OH 3.1.x you can install it from within the OH main UI.

Both the appliance and the OH computer have to connect to the homeconnect WAN cloud service, but they do not have to be on the same LAN.

I submitted an enhancement to let the user select a washing temperature and a spin speed for unsupported washing programs.
Please note that the binding will not allow to select these (unsupported) programs but you will be able to adjust the options.

Here are the considered (unsupported) programs:

• LaundryCare.Washer.Program.Cotton.Eco4060
  • LaundryCare.Washer.Program.Cotton.Colour
  • LaundryCare.Washer.Program.Super153045.Super1530
  • LaundryCare.Washer.Program.Rinse
  • LaundryCare.Washer.Program.Spin.SpinDrain
  • LaundryCare.Washer.Program.DrumClean

For each, I defined the list of available temperatures and spin speeds.

I only provided these programs for washer appliances.

If you have other unsupported washer programs you would like to be added, just let me know and provide the information.

Some of these programs are certainly available for washer+dryer appliances, please let me know which ones.

And for dryer appliances, I could do the same thing if you provide unsupported programs and their available drying targets.

Updated to 3.1 two days ago, didn’t have any errors since then. Thanks again :smile:

1 Like

Thanks for your great work in creating this binding!!!

With my Bosch washing machine there are some more programs/options which should be added as channels. Maybe it would be possible to add them?

Selected Program

{
“data”: {
“key”: “LaundryCare.Washer.Program.Wool”,
“options”: [
{
“key”: “LaundryCare.Common.Option.LoadRecommendation”,
“value”: 2000,
“unit”: “gram”
},
{
“key”: “LaundryCare.Washer.Option.RinseHold”,
“value”: false
},
{
“key”: “LaundryCare.Washer.Option.Stains”,
“value”: “LaundryCare.Washer.EnumType.Stains.Off”
},
]
}
}

LoadRecommendation is something I have too. I could add it. But is it an information very useful ?

Can you point me to a description of the two other options RinseHold and Stains ? And for Stains, could you provide the different possible values in addition to LaundryCare.Washer.EnumType.Stains.Off ? As any other unsupported options, if I add them, they will be only read-only.

I should check, maybe I have the same options for my Wool program.

For RinseHold, that is clear for me, I even have this option with my machine. But strangely, I don’t see this option listed in the API response (selected program).

An enhancement is submitted for the two options “rinse hold” and “load recommandation”.

For the option “stains”, I will add it only if someone provides the different possible values.

1 Like

Hi all,

I’m using this binding for several years already and I’m very pleased about this and how it grows.

I recently moved my openHAB installation from Windows => openHABian and restored my config from backup running as a LXC (Container) on Proxmox and all is working - after some alignments - fine => except my Home Connect Appliances :-/

My connection is always blocked because of to many requests in short term :frowning:

"error": {
    "key": "429",
    "description": "The rate limit \"50 calls in 1 minute\" was reached. Requests are blocked during the remaining period of 51 seconds."
  }

First of all I run into issue because of changed IP, so I changed this in API Key. Than I run into blocked bridge so I removed old API Key an created a new one => So Bridge came back online and I was able to authorize devices. Diskwasher works for a day or two but washer was almost blocked right away and so it now my dishwasher => Bridge remains online.

Finally I removed/uninstalled Binding and re-installed it and configured it via *.things file.

Nothing changed and I’m running out of ideas :-/ and crossing my finger will I count on you :wink:

many thanks

I have jst upgraded my System to 3.2.0-M3 and looks like this solves the issue.
HomeConnect Log is no longer pushing so much request to get locked.

I’ll keep watching this

Fingers crossed, hope it won’t happen again.

Hi, i use this binding and do some javascript transformation on my sitemap, to get the remaining time formatted in a better readable format: hh mm ss instead of only seconds.

But when the device is powered off, i get UNDEF on my items and then i get errors inside the openhab log.

Here is my items file with the lines producing the error:

Number:Time             washer_RemainingProgramTimeState    "Remaining program time [JS(time_hh_mm_ss.js):%.0f]"                (gBosch_Washer)     {channel="homeconnect:Washer:bridge:BOSCH-WAV28MWIN-68A40E7000FA:remaining_program_time_state"}

And here are the errors from the log:

2021-10-25 09:58:15.687 [WARN ] [rest.core.item.EnrichedItemDTOMapper] - Failed transforming the state 'UNDEF' on item 'washer_RemainingProgramTimeState' with pattern 'JS(time_hh_mm_ss.js):%.0f': Cannot format state 'UNDEF' to format '%.0f'

What can i do?

Hi @halloween

I would suggest that you update your time_hh_mm_ss.js script. That it can handle UNDEF. If the device is powered off the binding does not know the current state.

Why not assume it is OFF?

1 Like

Hello,
I would like to start a program for my oven. How can I do this? In the document, I can’t figure it out…

openHAB document

I assume that someone has an example for me.

Hi,

I have the exact same problem and can’t figure it out.
What I am trying to do is get it to work by setting these 3 items:

Number:Temperature Oven_Target_Temperature "Backofen Zieltemperatur"  { channel="homeconnect:oven:api_bridge_at_home:Oven:setpoint_temperature" }
// See http://openhabianpi:8080/homeconnect/appliances
// E.g. "Cooking.Oven.Program.HeatingMode.HotAir", "Cooking.Oven.Program.HeatingMode.TopBottomHeating"
String Oven_Selected_Program_State         "Backofen Modus"           { channel="homeconnect:oven:api_bridge_at_home:Oven:selected_program_state" }
// E.g. "start", "stop", "selected"
String Oven_Action_State                   "Backofen Aktion"          { channel="homeconnect:oven:api_bridge_at_home:Oven:basic_actions_state"}

with this rule

Oven_Selected_Program_State.sendCommand("Cooking.Oven.Program.HeatingMode.HotAir");
Oven_Target_Temperature.sendCommand(180.0);
Oven_Action_State.sendCommand("start");

But it just doesn’t do anything. What I noticed is that I cannot set the value of Oven_Selected_Program_State, neither via the rule, not the REST API or the openHAB UI. The state always remains UNDEF.

Maybe the issue is that the binding does not request oven permissions from the API?

Hi,

could you please export your request log and send it to me via private message? I will have a look.
http://[OPENHAB_HOST]:[PORT]/homeconnect/log/requests

Greetings,
Jonas

@chill.kroete @kl8ter

I think starting an oven is not possible at the moment. The API is responding with Insufficient scope for this resource. The problem is that you cannot acquire the scope (please have a look at Home Connect - Bindings | openHAB

Sorry,
Jonas

Ok, I get that.
By my app registered at the Home Connect developer portal seems to have all scopes checked:

Whats strange is that the authorization request seems to be missing the oven. See the screenshot in my last post.

Also, this page tells that only Image related features would require an additional agreement.

Maybe they changed something. It didn’t work in the past.

I will create a new build with the appropriate settings enabled. Will let you know if it worked.

2 Likes