HomeHabit Dashboard - Original thread

Announcement

Please read the post regarding the future of this project in Google+ community (accessible only by the members): https://plus.google.com/106593613935270789828/posts/fixTt4nkkcd

1 Like

Sorry, but if your really plan to sell it for 10-15 $ FOR EACH DEVICE, then i´m out.

I use about 8 devices:
1 x Smartphone of myself
1 x Smartphone of my wife
1 x “portable” Tablet
5 x wall mounted Tablet

This are 8 devices and it would cost about 80-120 $… This is a way to expensive for me. If i only had to pay 10-15 $ for using the software on all my devices, then i would say that´s ok.

But this is your decision. And that´s only my opinion.

5 Likes

I’m in the planning stage of replacing all wall switches with (android) mini-tablets. Adding 10-15$ to the cost for each one, is not an option. Will look for an alternative, or write something myself, as my requirements are pretty basic. I’m out too.

JJ

Yep I am out too sorry @igor. I am big fan of what you have done, but charging that much for each device is just a bridge too far for me I am afraid. I realise you have put a lot of effort in, but this is an open source project which many people (myself included) have devoted countless man hours to get it where it is today. It just doesn’t feel right to be having to pay that much for a UI which sits on top.

Best of luck with your project.

1 Like

We’ll see how the app evolves. With opening the focus to other home automation systems I could imagine that time to market for certain Openhab features gets worse.

Since OH2 has a great new dashboard with HABpanel (which is opensource) which made it into the default distro yesterday, there’s a good alternative in the making.

Competition will tell if the direction chosen was the right one.

I am sorry to tell, but I will also look at HABpanel for my tablets with this pricing model

1 Like

I’ve been looking forward to using your app (not on Android yet), but as Ben notes it doesn’t feel right to me to charge for an interface on top of an open-source project. So many people spend so many hours of their spare time. I think every product based on OpenHAB should have the same license as OpenHAB. I’m curious if this could be taken into consideration.

By the way @igor, I’m receiving a 404 when I click on your link.

I have been using rotini and contributing to it with quite enthusiasm.
Unfortunately I am running my home automation on a budget.
Additionally I want multiple (guest) persons to access and control my installations.
I can not request that they pay this amount of money (it was complicated and hard enough to get all the people to sign up to the G+ group). For me it would be okay to pay <= 10€ for a central licence with unlimited devices.
So I have to switch, too.
But best of luck with your project. :slight_smile:

This is exacly what ive been looking for on my wallmounted tablet, how can i install it? Have you released it publicly yet??

@igor could you please accept me in the community, I’ve sent a request (dragos…)
I would like to try your app if Ian still available.
Thanks!

@smehks @ewgor Current beta is still available, you can find directions here: https://github.com/igorgladkov/rotini/wiki
There will be changes in the new beta, so it might be worth waiting until it is released (within couple of months).

Thanks man for accepting me, I’ll give it a try :slight_smile:
All the best.

@igor may I ask you a few questions because I didn’t understand from wiki:
-I have set a small alarm system using a single door contact just for test and I made a sitemap using the app following your e.g. On wiki for alarm using 3 icons armaway, armstay and disarm and can arm or disarm using the app with pin code and I would like to ask you why the app doesn’t keep the status of the alarm? I mean after arming the system the icon is set ok with red color and shows the right state but after a wile and if I refresh the page the state disappear and says N/A and no colored circle to indicates the alarm state!

• could the icons made bigger that they are? I mean not the widget size but the icon, I would like the alarm icons to appear bigger on the screen, is that possible?
    That it will be all for now.
    Thanks.

Sure, if it related to the app only, it is best to post it on G+ in the future

[quote=“ewgor, post:800, topic:3561”]I have set a small alarm system using a single door contact just for test and I made a sitemap using the app following your e.g. On wiki for alarm using 3 icons armaway, armstay and disarm and can arm or disarm using the app with pin code and I would like to ask you why the app doesn’t keep the status of the alarm? I mean after arming the system the icon is set ok with red color and shows the right state but after a wile and if I refresh the page the state disappear and says N/A and no colored circle to indicates the alarm state!
[/quote]
When page is refreshed the state of the item would be based on incoming data from OpenHAB. In general, there is no state stored in UI, everything is based on OpenHAB item states. To understand further, I would need to see your related sitemap and item configuration.

[quote=“ewgor, post:800, topic:3561”]could the icons made bigger that they are? I mean not the widget size but the icon, I would like the alarm icons to appear bigger on the screen, is that possible?
[/quote]
There are widgets that have larger icons, like mode, and mode also supports larger size.

Hi man
Please see bellow my related items and sitemap:

Items
Number AlarmSysStatus "System Status: [MAP(alarm.map):%d]" <shield> (persist)
Number AlarmArmDisarm "Alarm Arm / Disarm:" <shield> (persist) {autoupdate="false"}

Sitemap
Frame label="{widget:mode,spinner:true}" {
Selection item=AlarmArmDisarm mappings=[
3="ArmedAway {icon:lock}",
2="ArmedStay {icon:home}",
1="Disarmed {icon:unlock}"
]
Text label="{item:pin} [A6xnQhbz4Vx2HuGl4lXwZ5U2I8iziLRFnhP5eNfIRvQ]"
}
And there are a few rules that activates them but i don’'t think it matters.
I made the alarm in the app using scene with pin code like this only it has three states: Armway, Armstay Disarm and as i said the circle around the icon it doesn’t stay on or it doesn’t appear at all as it does for the light switch for example.
Thanks for help.
PS: how do i change the pin and is there any way to add different users / different pin?
Cheers!

Are you manually updating AlarmArmDisarm item to correct state anywhere in your rules? Since autoupdate is false, state will not be saved automatically on the item.

Different users/pins is not possible at this time. For different pint just replace hash in pin item with your value, you can find details on wiki

I found an example here on the forum and i adapted for my contact.
These are the rules (sorry for the long post) maybe you can makke an idea.

Rules:
val Functions$Function2 alert = [GroupItem g, String type |
val latest = g.members.sortBy[lastUpdate].last
val name = latest.name.split("_")
Notification_Proxy.postUpdate(name.get(1) + " " + name.get(2) + " " + name.get(3) + " " + type + " Alert!. " + latest.state.toString)
]

rule “Dispatch Notification"
when
Item Notification_Proxy received update
then
logWarn(“Notification”, Notification_Proxy.state.toString)
sendMail("xxxx@gmail.com”, “Security System Alert!”, Notification_Proxy.state.toString)
end

rule "Process door intrusion updates"
Item gDoorSensors changed from CLOSED to OPEN
then
val aState = AlarmSysStatus.state as DecimalType
if(aState == 2 || aState == 3) {
alert.apply(gDoorSensors, “- Intrusion”)
}
end

// Alarm Arm and Disarm
rule “rArmState1"
when
Item AlarmArmDisarm received command 3
then
{
if (receivedCommand == 3 && gDoorSensors.state == CLOSED)
{
postUpdate(AlarmSysStatus, 6)
Thread::sleep(30000)
postUpdate(AlarmSysStatus, 3)
logInfo(“Security”, “SECURITY: Armed Stay!”)
sendMail("xxxx@gmail.com”, “Security: Armed Stay!”, “Sistemul este armat in modul Stay!”)
executeCommandLine(“aplay /opt/openhab/configurations/sounds/armedstay.wav”)
executeCommandLine("/opt/openhab/configurations/scripts/armedstay.ssh")
} else {
if (receivedCommand == 3)
logInfo(“Security”,“SECURITY: Unable to Arm Stay!. Please try again.”)
sendMail("xxxx@gmail.com", “Security: Usa sau geam deschis!”, “Sistemul nu s-a putut arma datorita unei usi sau geam deschise! Te rog verifica!.”)
postUpdate(AlarmSysStatus, 5)
Thread::sleep(3000)
postUpdate(AlarmSysStatus, 1)
}}}
end

// Alarm Arm and Disarm
rule “rArmState2"
when
Item AlarmArmDisarm received command 2
then
{
if (receivedCommand == 2 && gDoorSensors.state == CLOSED) {
{
postUpdate(AlarmSysStatus, 6)
Thread::sleep(30000)
postUpdate(AlarmSysStatus, 2)
logInfo(“Security”, “SECURITY: Armed Away!”)
sendMail("xxxx@gmail.com”, “Security: Armed Away!”, “Sistemul este armat in modul Away!”)
executeCommandLine(“aplay /opt/openhab/configurations/sounds/armedaway.wav”)
executeCommandLine("/opt/openhab/configurations/scripts/armedaway.ssh")
} else {
if (receivedCommand == 2)
logInfo(“Security”,“SECURITY: Unable to Arm Away!. Please try again.”)
sendMail("xxxx@gmail.com", “Security: Detectie miscare!”, “Sistemul nu s-a putut arma datorita detectiei miscarii. Te rog verifica!”)
postUpdate(AlarmSysStatus, 4)
postUpdate(AlarmSysStatus, 1
}}}
end

// Alarm Arm and Disarm
rule "rArmState3"
when
Item AlarmArmDisarm received command 1
then
{
if (receivedCommand == 1)
{
logInfo(“Security”, “SECURITY: Disarmed”)

sendMail("xxxx@gmail.com", "Security: Disarmed!", "Sistemul este dezarmat!")
            executeCommandLine("aplay /opt/openhab/configurations/sounds/disarmed.wav")
            executeCommandLine("/opt/openhab/configurations/scripts/disarmed.ssh")
            } else {               
            if (receivedCommand == 1)

}}}
end

// Alarm Arm and Disarm
rule "rArmState4"
when
Item AlarmArmDisarm received command 0
then
{
if (receivedCommand == 0)
{
logInfo(“Security”, “SECURITY: No Update”)

}}
end

// Alarm System Active Action
rule "rAlarmActivated"
when
Item gDoorSensors changed from CLOSED to OPEN
then
{
if (AlarmSysStatus.state == 2)
{
logInfo(“Security”, “SECURITY: ARMED-AWAY Motion Intrusion Detected!”)
gAllLights.sendCommand(ON)
}
if (AlarmSysStatus.state == 2 && gDoorSensors.state == OPEN)
{
logInfo(“Security”, “SECURITY: ARMED-AWAY Door Intrusion Detected!”)
}
if (AlarmSysStatus.state == 3 && gDoorSensors.state == OPEN)
{
logInfo(“Security”, “SECURITY: ARMED-STAY Door Intrusion Detected!”)
}
}}}}
end

@ewgor none of those rules ever send a state update to AlarmArmDisarm, so it means state is never saved on that item. I see updates on AlarmSysStatus instead. Since you have autoupdate=false on it, that’s why state is reverted in UI eventually.
Mode widget does not support multiple items for states and commands at this point.

ALright, is so can you please point me a better way to do that rule that will work with this mode widget? I really like your app and and I would like to develop my system using it but I don’t know how to make a rule that will work with this widget.
I also noticed that for the movie scene it doesn’t keep the status too this meaning that if the scene is on the movie tab it will not keep this status when I open next time the app!
All I want is to get the status of that in the app. Can you please help?
Thanks!

@ewgor try removing autoupdate=“false” from AlarmArmDisarm, that should fix it, unless there is a specific reason you would need that