Homekit - allow multiple bridge instances to break the 150 limit

Does anyone know that how to support multiple bridge instances to break 150 limit? (openHAB 3.4.0 Milestone 3 - [homekit] allow multiple bridge instances to break the 150 limit by ccutrer · Pull Request #13226 · openhab/openhab-addons · GitHub)

How to config it or setup it through main UI/ restful api…? I am preparing a home automation project for my home that it may over 150 items in OH.

@yfre

It is documented in the latest version 3.4.0.
I am using it already (textual config however)

That’s correct - HomeKit Add-on - System Integrations | openHAB documents how to use it to configure items. Currently the UI does not support configuring it - text only. Though I’m sure you could use the API to assign the proper metadata to any item.

Thank you! Jonas88

@ccutrer Thanks you! Yes, I will use API to assign it :smiley:

And May I know that how many instances I can create (max)?
And anyone know the performance if the items more than 150 items or the how many instances would affect the performance?

There’s no theoretical max to the number of instances you can have. I’m currently running 8. I’ve divided mine up by logical device type, and only one of my instances has > 100 accessories. If you accidentally add > 149 accessories to a single instance, iOS will simply refuse to connect to it anymore (and will likely remove any accessories in its own database from that bridge). My performance has improved since going from 2 instances to 8. I’m not sure if that’s due to other stability improvements that I’m running locally but haven’t been merged yet, or if it’s simply that iOS doesn’t work well with very large bridges. I suspect it’s a combination of both.

1 Like

@ccutrer Thanks your information. It is useful

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.