Homekit and Somfy Roller Shutters

I was able to add my somfy roller shutter to appear in the homekit interface, and but it does not respond, even when open the openhab, it appears that it was opened, but in reality it does not open, what shall I do, to make the homekit app work with the roller shutter.

to me, it sounds more like an issue with somfy binding or roller shutter itself.
Does somfy roller shutter works if you control it via openhab, e.g. web ui?
how it is configured?

Yes the roller shutter works with openhab, it is configured as a roller shutter, but it on the openhab ui, the roller shutter does not operate by percentages, it either you open it or close it, or a pause button, unlike it in the homekit app

ok. this is good that you can open and close it via openhab ui.
few questions to further narrow down the issue

• is status shown in homekit (open/close) correct?
    • compare to physical device
    • compare to status in openhab
  • if open / close rollershuter in home app does status change in openhab?
  • if you change percentage in home app, does percentage change in openhab?
  • do you see anything in the logs, especially in the events.log ? Logging | openHAB

Hi,

I’m running Connexoon and OH 2.5.11 - all bindings are up to date. I added the Thing via MS Visual Studio and its OpenHAB Plugin.
My config looks like this:

Rollershutter Control_Kinderzimmer_2 "Kinderzimmer 2 Rollladen [%.1f]" (OG_Kinderzimmer2) {homekit="WindowCovering, WindowCovering.CurrentPosition, WindowCovering.TargetPosition, WindowCovering.PositionState" [inverted="true"],channel="somfytahoma:rollershutter_silent:<your--ultra-long-thing-ID:control"}

Works fine here!

Maybe official helps:

BTW: I was never able to get the slats working (orientation on openHAB Tahoma binding)

Hi. I am currently migrating from OH 2.5 with HomeBridge to OH4, replacing HomeBridge with the OH Homekit Binding. All was going extremely well! However, I have come across an interesting issue when converting my Somfy Blinds over and using Homekit.

I have the blinds working with OH4 – no problem at all.
I add the homekit metadata to my item and my blind appears in Homekit – no problem at all.
I control the blind with OH and its status changes from Open to Closed and vice versa in Homekit – no problem at all.

When I use Homekit to control the blind however, it seems the command sent to the channel is different to that sent directly from OH.

Her is my item:
Rollershutter BlindBedroomBackRight “Bedroom Back Right [%d %%]” (gBlindsBedroom,gUSBlindsFlat) {homekit=“WindowCovering, WindowCovering.CurrentPosition, WindowCovering.TargetPosition, WindowCovering.PositionState”, alexa=“Blind”, channel=“somfytahoma:screen:19a91afd:rts12331282672216719367:control” }

Here is the debug message I get when sending Close from OH – Working!:
2023-09-08 14:43:04.847 [DEBUG] [nal.handler.SomfyTahomaBridgeHandler] - Sending POST to url: https://www.tahomalink.com/enduser-mobile-web/enduserAPI/exec/apply with data: {“label”:“Up Bed Back Blind R - down - openHAB”,“actions”:[{“deviceURL”:“rts://1233-1282-6722/16719367”,“commands”:[{“name”:“down”,“parameters”:[]}]}]}

And here is the debug message I get when sending close from Homekit – Fails!:

[DEBUG] [nal.handler.SomfyTahomaBridgeHandler] - Cannot call url: https://www.tahomalink.com/enduser-mobile-web/enduserAPI/exec/apply with params: {“label”:“Up Bed Back Blind R - setClosure [100] - openHAB”,“actions”:[{“deviceURL”:“rts://1233-1282-6722/16719367”,“commands”:[{“name”:“setClosure”,“parameters”:[100]}]}]}!

Is there any way to map the command in Homekit to send “down” instead of “setClosure”,“parameters”:[100] ?? Is this expected behaviour?

yes, this is homekit specifics.
HomeKit home app does not send “Down” or “Up” commands, but always sends setPosition(percentage).
if your blinds do not support setPosition then you would need to write a rule to convert position to Down/Up + STOP
check these discussion for inspiration

Hi. Thanks for this. Many blinds do not support setPosition. Would be great to have an option via metadata to convert 100 to DOWN and 0 to UP? Especially as the Openhab controllers already work correctly. I have 12 window coverings and was trying to avoid a load of additional rules. Cheers :slight_smile:

Hi Martin,
openHAB UI can do both - down/up and set position.

the conversion is not that easy,
e.g. set position 80% would convert to something like DOWN, wait 3 seconds, STOP.
3 seconds is the challenging part - it depends on your specific blind, how long it needs to get from the current position to 80%.

all doable, we could have metadata configuration to set the up/down times, and it is definitely good feature. so, i have created a feature request for this so that we dont forget it

btw, homekit also does not support STOP as well but we have added special logic to simulate it