Homekit bridge to OH3 lost

Since a few days, Homekit has not connection to OH3 anymore.

Tried to clear pairings and reboot, but the bridge doesn’t show up in homekit anymore. The devices are still in the Homekit up, only the bridge is missing. Has anymore any idea what can be done is such case? Any other services still working (openhab app, paper ui, …)

Thx
Klaus

Hi Klaus
probably you need to delete the complete home in home app and pair again

Thx Eugen,

which folders do i have to delete exactly?

Greetz
Klaus

Hi Klaus,

not on openhab server but in the iphone home app. please try to delete “home” there and add it again

best regards
Eugen

Just checked my Home App. The openhab bridge is missing, too. But everything is working fine.
Maybe this is related to the latest iOS 14.6 update?

Hi, thx it worked!!!

1 Like

right, same on my side. it was before upgrade to latest iOS there but now i see only other bridges but not openhab. but everything works as before

Is there a way to get the bridge back into the Home App without the need to rearrange and sort everything again afterwards? (Nearly 100 exposed items to HomeKit :roll_eyes: )

I am having the same problem! Any updates?

Same problem here…
I‘ve tried it with deleting the bridge in the HomeApp (on the iPhone) and reconnect again.
It works then for 1 or 2 days and breaks again :frowning:

please try 2 following fixes when you lose connection next time.

• in homekit settings in main UI switch on / off the mDNS service
  • restart homekit binding from karaf

removing and adding bridge should the last option

what is exactly the problem?
missing bridge or lost connection?

missing bridge as such is not nice but looks like it has not impact on the functionality. probably apple hide not certified bridges or so.

Yes, the bridge went missing …
But the main problem is, that all devices (switches, sensors, …) are not responding anymore.

Hi @yfre,
I have:

• switched on “Use openHAB mDNS service” in HomeKit settings.
    (it was turned off by default)

But still all devices (switches, sensors, …) are not responding in the HomeApp :roll_eyes:

hm. that steps usually helped to fix it.
do you see any error messages in the log file?

one more things to try - disable private wifi address in iphone settings if not done yet. this will not fix the issue but potentially avoid the issue in the future. you would need to re-pair again (remove, clearPairings, add bridge again)

Hi @yfre,
Thanks, I’ll try that by tomorrow.

One question: what do you mean by clearPearings?

Best regards

Clear pairings is documented here:
HomeKit Openhab

Ok, @yfre. I’ve done the steps incl. deactivating “private Wi-Fi addresses in iOS 14”
Now my devices are back online in HomeKit - hopefully it stays online after some days :wink:

@dirkdirk: Thanks for the link. Done that steps as well

1 Like

happy to hear. we should add this documentation as mandatory 1st step

@Stefan83 please give us update in 3-4 days whether it is still working for you

1 Like

I just struggled with something like this myself. What I have found is that the act of “Saving” the Homekit Add-on inside the OpenHab3 UI causes some of the data to be lost when the config file is over written. Specifically the entires pertaining to MAC address and User Identifications. I would set up the binding with the suggestions above (Remove, clearPairings, Re-Add Bridge to HomeKit etc…) and still find my devices non-responsive after a while. Finally I figured out that the data was being lost when I was saving to make changes like such as to enable the use of mDNS. So I examined the config file and confirmed the discovery, I then after going through the process again to get it all set up correct then simply duplicated the config file just incase I clicked the save button again and lost all the specific data for users, If I did I can now replace with a good copy again and not lose the connection to my devices. I have at this point started to only modify the config file manually - it does require OpenHab3 rebooted to see the effects take place but I don’t lose my devices. I have now been running stable for approximately 5 days and everything is stable and works. I no longer get told by Siri that she can’t communicate with my OpenHab3 Devices.

Update
The Specific file to backup is located here, to recover if you lose the connection.

1 Like