Homekit Decimals on Temperature sensors

Hi there,
I just got an Apple TV an set up my OpenHAB to communicate with Homekit App.

Group Wohnzimmerheizung "Wohnzimmer Heizung" (Wohnzimmer) ["Valve"] {homekit="Thermostat"}

Number:Temperature heating_livingroom_temperature "Wohnzimmer Temperatur [%.1f °C]" (Wohnzimmerheizung, ExternalTempSensors) ["Temperature", "Measurement"] {
    channel="mqtt:topic:sensor_htu_livingroom:Temperature",
    homekit="Thermostat.CurrentTemperature"
}

Number heating_livingroom_targetTemp "Wohnzimmer Thermostat [%.1f °C]" (Wohnzimmerheizung) ["Temperature", "Setpoint"] {
    channel="shelly:shellytrv:heating_livingroom_1:control#targetTemp"  [profile="system:follow"],
    channel="shelly:shellytrv:heating_livingroom_2:control#targetTemp"  [profile="system:follow"],
    homekit="Thermostat.TargetTemperature" [minValue=6, maxValue=30]
}

String heating_livingroom_targetMode "Wohnzimmer Zielheizmodus" (Wohnzimmerheizung) ["Status"] {
    channel="shelly:shellytrv:heating_livingroom_1:control#mode",
    channel="shelly:shellytrv:heating_livingroom_2:control#mode",
    homekit="Thermostat.TargetHeatingCoolingMode" [OFF="manual", HEAT="", COOL="", AUTO="automatic"]
}

Contact heating_livingroom_mode "Wohnzimmer Heizmodus" (Wohnzimmerheizung) ["OpenState"] {
    channel="shelly:shellytrv:heating_livingroom_1:sensors#state",
    channel="shelly:shellytrv:heating_livingroom_2:sensors#state",
    homekit="Thermostat.CurrentHeatingCoolingMode" [OFF="CLOSED", HEAT="OPEN", COOL=""]
}

Number heating_livingroom_humidity "Wohnzimmer Feuchtigkeit" (Wohnzimmerheizung) ["Humidity", "Measurement"] {
    channel="mqtt:topic:sensor_htu_livingroom:Humidity",
    homekit="Thermostat.RelativeHumidity"
}

It all works well but I realized, that the decimal places won’t be recognized by Homekit App.
Homekit shows 19,0 ° (comma-separated) while OpenHab App shows 18.8 ° (dot-separated) at the same time. Seems to be rounded from a “float” variable to an “integer” variable.

Does anybody have a similar problem?

I assume this has something to do with the decimal separation sign (comma or dot).

Using dockerized Openhab 4.0.4 with mostly file-based definition of all items and things.

If I missed something or further information is needed, please aks.

I think this is more due to the way homekit is working. I can only get a resolution of 0,5 degrees C, despite adding the following in the code:

[minValue=-25, maxValue=50, step=0.1]

Please note the “-25” as minimum value. I have an outside temperature sensor and an inside one. If you don’t add the minValue, homekit will display no temperatures less than 10 degrees C. For inside not a real problem. Outside though…

Thanks, that does help… a little bit. I now get, as you, a resolution to 0.5 degree. Maybe anyone else has an Idea on how to get this do a 0.1 resolution

Reddit shows that this is normal system behavior for Apple Homekit. It’s apparently even like this when fed temperatures directly from Netatmo devices.