[HomeKit] Fibaro RGBW Dimmer with openHAB homekit

Hi there,
I’m currently trying to get a colorwheel into the Home App.
I always left the config on “Dimmer”

Dimmer  SwitchDimmer_RGBWWohnLicht           "RGBW Dimmer"                       (EG_Esszimmer)                     {homekit="Lighting.Brightness",channel="zwave:device:xxxxxxxx:node22:switch_dimmer"}

Colorwheel should be possible with “Color” - no chance till now!
Tried configs without success:

Color   ColorColor_RGBWWohnLicht             "RGBW Farbe"                        (EG_Esszimmer)                     {homekit="Lighting.Brightness",channel="zwave:device:xxxxxxxx:node22:color_color"}
Color   ColorColor_RGBWWohnLicht             "RGBW Farbe"                        (EG_Esszimmer)                     {homekit="Lighting.Brightness",channel="zwave:device:xxxxxxxx:node22:color_color"}
Color   ColorColor_RGBWWohnLicht             "RGBW Farbe"                        (EG_Esszimmer)                     {homekit="Lighting.Hue",channel="zwave:device:xxxxxxxx:node22:color_color"}
Color   ColorColor_RGBWWohnLicht             "RGBW Farbe"                        (EG_Esszimmer)                     {homekit="Lighting",channel="zwave:device:xxxxxxxx:node22:color_color"}
Color   ColorColor_RGBWWohnLicht             "RGBW Farbe"                        (EG_Esszimmer)                     {homekit="Lighting.OnState.Hue",channel="zwave:device:xxxxxxxx:node22:color_color"}
Color   ColorColor_RGBWWohnLicht             "RGBW Farbe"                        (EG_Esszimmer)                     {homekit="Lighting.OnState",channel="zwave:device:xxxxxxxx:node22:color_color"}

So I guess thats all config the documentation has :laughing:
Anyone did successfully configured any RGB or RGBW controller
Not talking about HUE bulbs!! :money_mouth_face:

Thanks for any hint!

You may want to look in the file “openhab.log” to see what went wrong :wink:

From what I see in your posting you seem to try to combine Homekit with ZWave. I don’t think that is possible. If you have a ZWave controller, configure it as a ZWave thing (leave off the homekit part in the curly brackets).
In my case (a Fibaro RGBW-Controller-2) it looks like this in the items file:

Color  Wohnen_RGBW_Farbe1    "Wohnen RGBW Farbe1"      <info>     (gWohnZi)  { channel="zwave:device:xxxxxxxx:node49:color_color1"}

If you could give us more information (hardware OH is running on, OH version in use etc,) we could help you much better.

you need to add Hue and Brightness at the same time
e.g. my config

Color bookshelf_light_color "Bookshelf Light" (gShelflight) {homekit="Lighting.Hue, Lighting.Brightness, Lighting.Saturation", channel="shelly:..."}

1 Like

@yfre : if you say so this definitely works :sweat_smile: thank you will give it a try when I’m at home! Maybe this should get in the documentation for guys like me :grimacing:

Hi,
after a while I was able to give it a try…unfortunately it didn’t work as expected :neutral_face:

Color   Color_RGBWWohnLicht                  "RGBW Farbe"                        (EG_Esszimmer,gRGBW)                     {homekit="Lighting.Hue,Lighting.Brightness,Lighting.Saturation",channel="zwave:device:be5a3a02:node22:color_color"}

gave me:

2021-07-30 20:05:18.975 [WARN ] [.accessories.HomekitAccessoryFactory] - Accessory of type Lighting must have following characteristics [ON_STATE]. Found only []
2021-07-30 20:05:18.988 [WARN ] [mekit.internal.HomekitChangeListener] - Could not add device Color_RGBWWohnLicht: Missing mandatory characteristics
2021-07-30 20:05:18.990 [WARN ] [.accessories.HomekitAccessoryFactory] - Accessory of type Lighting must have following characteristics [ON_STATE]. Found only []
2021-07-30 20:05:18.993 [WARN ] [mekit.internal.HomekitChangeListener] - Could not add device Color_RGBWWohnLicht: Missing mandatory characteristics
2021-07-30 20:05:18.996 [WARN ] [.accessories.HomekitAccessoryFactory] - Accessory of type Lighting must have following characteristics [ON_STATE]. Found only []
2021-07-30 20:05:19.000 [WARN ] [mekit.internal.HomekitChangeListener] - Could not add device Color_RGBWWohnLicht: Missing mandatory characteristics
2021-07-30 20:05:19.028 [INFO ] [mekit.internal.HomekitChangeListener] - Created 20 HomeKit items.

but…with Lightning the bar in Homekit-app turns white!

Color   Color_RGBWWohnLicht                  "RGBW Farbe"                        (EG_Esszimmer,gRGBW)                     {homekit="Lighting,Lightning.Hue,Lighting.Brightness,Lighting.Saturation",channel="zwave:device:be5a3a02:node22:color_color"}

and I get something like this:

2021-07-30 20:22:10.705 [WARN ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Configuration model 'casa_hauswirth_tillner.items' has errors, therefore ignoring it: [111,184]: mismatched input 'channel' expecting '}'

any help appreciated!

btw: Is there any chance that Homekit does not throw all items in one room on the app after saving config in openhab? I need to put every item back everytime I reconfigure something…

homekt is missing ON/OFF (or ON_STATE) property
try to add “Lighting” to the list. i…e.

yes this line works but the app is not showing the color wheel :thinking:

right, sorry, i missed the second part of your message. your configuration looks good.

not sure why it is not showing the colour wheel. can you try it without the groups
" (EG_Esszimmer,gRGBW) "

No luck…but its still white bar which is good I guess :grimacing:

hm. it still ignores “Hue” settings.
one more idea, can you try to set color via openhab main UI or using something else. maybe, homekit does not like if it is not initialised / set

Interesting…set it to red via openhab app…now:

:rofl:

Deleting cache didn’t help either - also tried

openhab> log:set DEBUG io.github.hapjava
openhab> log:tail io.github.hapjava

but no good info there…