[homekit] Homekit sending ON and 100 Command

what exactly is not working? do you see it in home app and can control but nothing changes on device?

Looks good on the Home App but the Lighting.Brightness not functioning at all. I can change the dimming of the brightness in the Home App but it doesn’t change the dimming of the lightbulb.

value: Lighting,Lighting.OnState,Lighting.Brightness
config:
dimmerMode: filterOn
autoupdate: false

You are setting the group as having all three metadata options which it does not. The Lighting.Brightness and Lighting.OnState attributes need to be applied to the group members directly not to the group.

2 Likes

Thanks Ethan.

value: Lighting.OnState
config:
dimmerMode: filterOn, filterBrightness100

You can mark my post as a solution that way people know that this has been solved.

Good morning, I‘m new to this community and OpenHAB so please be patient with me …
I‘m struggling with the same issue.
I actually need help where in OH3 I need to specify the dimmerMode attributes and its syntax.
Was trying in specify them directly in metadata code. I can save the code but when re-enter the code it disappeared.

Hi @Roc and welcome,

you do it already at correct place, in metadata code. but the code editor is pretty strict on syntax and is not perfect on syntax error communication yet.
try to put 2 spaces before the dimmer line, e.g.

Thank you very much for you quick response. Now I can modify the code and safe it. Thanks again!

What I don’t understand though is the logic behind filterOn to avoid forcing 100% brightness when switching on.

My KNX actor is configured with 70% brightness when switching On only. HomeKit sends both, On and Brightness=100% which kind of overrules the 70% actor value. I thought it’s the filterBrightness100 that avoids sending 100% brightness when switching On. And it seems function ….
Do I miss something?

homekit sends always “ON” and Brightness = 100% (it is not aware of your KNX settings).

• filterOn: ignores the “ON” command and sends only “Brightness = 100%” to KNX
  • filterBrightness100: ignores the “Brightness = 100%” command and sends only ON to KNX

so, in your case you need filterBrightness100

Thank you, glad it matches what I thought.
Great help - thanks again.