Homekit: No reaction of devices (have to restart OH)

Thank you. The app looks really nice. I will try it. I assume, at the moment there is no possiblility to backup with a windows/linux tool right?

no, currently we cannot do backup on windows/linux. the information about renaming, room assignment and icons is stored directly on the phone. openhab does not received these information and also cannot set it.
apple can sync this information between apple devices (via icloud?) but it is not documented, at least i have not found anything.
so, only apps on the mobile device have access to this information and do the backup/restore

Did things change with Version 3.4.1? I would then update to this version…

no, there is no change. openHAB (or other homekit device to my knowledge) cannot provide information like room assignments to iOS home app

Ok - I can confirm this (using openHAB 3.4.2 on a Raspi).

I’ve now setup Icinga on my Raspberry Pi and wrote a test to check if the mDNS Service is reachable. This works reliable. As the check told me the service stopped working, the Homekit App also said “No reaction…”.
Also vice versa.

Currently I’m restarting Openhab with

systemctl restart openhab.service

when that happens. Is there a way to only restart this dedicated service / submodule of OH with a bash command?

Thanks!

I did now implement the solution as suggested here:

I tested the workaround manually and it is working. This will do until the Homekit bundle is really working reliable.

Thx!
Christoph