Homekit no response (one solution)

I had problems with homekit binding and solved it so I want other to know about the issue.
I have homekit binding installed with openhab 3.4.4 on a raspberry pi 4 8gb. I have 53 homekit devices and I had issues with homekit app on ios reporting no response after a while. This happened after complete reboot of the raspberry pi. It could function for around 2-3 hours. I search the forums for similar problems and all the other problems where related to different things like ipv6 stack and so on.
Also some people suggestion restarting bundle with karaf console. None of the solutions worked for me.

What did work for me was to add another homekit instance. It says in the docs that the limit is 149 and not 53. But for me the solution was to split all my devices into different instances.

I can also mention I tried setting log level to trace for homekit binding but I could not see anything in the logs suggesting something stopped working.
I also checked with ios app discovery and looked for _hap._tcp which also looked fine when “no response” occured.

Hope this helps other with similar issue.

thank you Arin for reporting. very interesting findings!