HomeKit Problems,

Hi,
I´am new to openHAB, and just installed openHabian on a raspberry pi 2, installed the IHC / Elko binding, and created items, fore that, and i working fine, but HomeKit is a different story, i have installed it, configured it, reading some guides, created a home kit.cfg file, and still not working, my iPhone is able to connect to openhab, and then there is one icon, saying that it is not supported, and i have tried to reboot, after reboot, looked at the log file, and there is a lot of errors, and the only thing i under stand, is that many of the lines contains “home kit” someone here, that understands my errors?

2017-04-18 22:07:19.946 [ERROR] [org.apache.felix.configadmin        ] - [org.osgi.service.event.EventHandler, org.osgi.service.cm.ManagedService, id=302, bundle=187/mv$
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.openhab.binding.lgtv.internal.LgtvBinding.updated(LgtvBinding.java:322)[187:org.openhab.binding.lgtv:1.9.0]
        at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.helper.ManagedServiceTracker.updated(ManagedServiceTracker.java:189)[3:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.8.12]
        at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.helper.ManagedServiceTracker.updateService(ManagedServiceTracker.java:152)[3:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.8.12]
        at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.helper.ManagedServiceTracker.provideConfiguration(ManagedServiceTracker.java:85)[3:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.8.12]
        at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.ConfigurationManager$ManagedServiceUpdate.provide(ConfigurationManager.java:1461)[3:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.8.12]
        at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.ConfigurationManager$ManagedServiceUpdate.run(ConfigurationManager.java:1417)[3:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.8.12]
        at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.UpdateThread.run0(UpdateThread.java:141)[3:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.8.12]
        at org.apache.felix.cm.impl.UpdateThread.run(UpdateThread.java:109)[3:org.apache.felix.configadmin:1.8.12]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)[:1.8.0_121]
2017-04-19 08:38:17.656 [ERROR] [lfe.hap.impl.http.impl.BinaryHandler] - Exception in binary handler
java.io.IOException: Connection timed out
        at sun.nio.ch.FileDispatcherImpl.read0(Native Method)[:1.8.0_121]
        at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read(SocketDispatcher.java:39)[:1.8.0_121]
        at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.readIntoNativeBuffer(IOUtil.java:223)[:1.8.0_121]
        at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.read(IOUtil.java:192)[:1.8.0_121]
        at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.read(SocketChannelImpl.java:380)[:1.8.0_121]
        at io.netty.buffer.UnpooledUnsafeDirectByteBuf.setBytes(UnpooledUnsafeDirectByteBuf.java:447)[185:org.openhab.io.homekit:2.0.0]
        at io.netty.buffer.AbstractByteBuf.writeBytes(AbstractByteBuf.java:880)[185:org.openhab.io.homekit:2.0.0]
        at io.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioSocketChannel.doReadBytes(NioSocketChannel.java:242)[185:org.openhab.io.homekit:2.0.0]
        at io.netty.channel.nio.AbstractNioByteChannel$NioByteUnsafe.read(AbstractNioByteChannel.java:119)[185:org.openhab.io.homekit:2.0.0]
        at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKey(NioEventLoop.java:511)[185:org.openhab.io.homekit:2.0.0]
        at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeysOptimized(NioEventLoop.java:468)[185:org.openhab.io.homekit:2.0.0]
        at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeys(NioEventLoop.java:382)[185:org.openhab.io.homekit:2.0.0]
        at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:354)[185:org.openhab.io.homekit:2.0.0]
        at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$2.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:112)[185:org.openhab.io.homekit:2.0.0]
        at io.netty.util.concurrent.DefaultThreadFactory$DefaultRunnableDecorator.run(DefaultThreadFactory.java:137)[185:org.openhab.io.homekit:2.0.0]
2017-04-19 08:38:17.712 [ERROR] [.hap.impl.http.impl.AccessoryHandler] - Exception caught in web handler
java.io.IOException: Connection timed out
        at sun.nio.ch.FileDispatcherImpl.read0(Native Method)[:1.8.0_121]
        at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read(SocketDispatcher.java:39)[:1.8.0_121]
        at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.readIntoNativeBuffer(IOUtil.java:223)[:1.8.0_121]
        at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.read(IOUtil.java:192)[:1.8.0_121]
        at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.read(SocketChannelImpl.java:380)[:1.8.0_121]
        at io.netty.buffer.UnpooledUnsafeDirectByteBuf.setBytes(UnpooledUnsafeDirectByteBuf.java:447)[185:org.openhab.io.homekit:2.0.0]
        at io.netty.buffer.AbstractByteBuf.writeBytes(AbstractByteBuf.java:880)[185:org.openhab.io.homekit:2.0.0]
        at io.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioSocketChannel.doReadBytes(NioSocketChannel.java:242)[185:org.openhab.io.homekit:2.0.0]
        at io.netty.channel.nio.AbstractNioByteChannel$NioByteUnsafe.read(AbstractNioByteChannel.java:119)[185:org.openhab.io.homekit:2.0.0]
        at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKey(NioEventLoop.java:511)[185:org.openhab.io.homekit:2.0.0]
        at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeysOptimized(NioEventLoop.java:468)[185:org.openhab.io.homekit:2.0.0]
        at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeys(NioEventLoop.java:382)[185:org.openhab.io.homekit:2.0.0]
        at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:354)[185:org.openhab.io.homekit:2.0.0]
        at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$2.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:112)[185:org.openhab.io.homekit:2.0.0]
        at io.netty.util.concurrent.DefaultThreadFactory$DefaultRunnableDecorator.run(DefaultThreadFactory.java:137)[185:org.openhab.io.homekit:2.0.0]

Did you ever get this figured out? I’m in the same boat. I keep getting frustrated with it and stepping away for a few and coming back to it with the same results.

I still have so many questions. I wish someone would make a step by step on getting Homekit working.

Do we need to make a config file for all (services, things, items and sitemap)? I am still unsure which ones we exactly need for Homekit to see the devices…

Yes, it is working now, just started over, and make a new image for my raspberry, installed my IHC binding, and, makes my items file, and installed HomeKit, and it worked right away…

Hi Guys,

I’m bringing back this topic to life, because I can’t get away from this trouble.

I always could connect openHab in the Home app, but it always showed me the icon as a not supported accessories (I’m a frenchspeaking belgian - the iPhone says “Non géré” in french if it can help find the trouble).

I first installed openHAB 2.3.0 Snapshot on my Synology NAS … didn’t work
I decided to go for the stable version and downgraded to openHAB 2.2.0 … didn’t work neither
I have a PC server with Plex Server, so I decided to install openHAB on that windows computer, still 2.2.0 … didn’t work
I finally decided to install openHAB 2.2.0 on my MacBook Pro … still the same trouble, the Home app can pair with openHAB on every NAS/computer, but still says it’s not supported.

My goal is, via the Niko Home Control binding, to use Siri to manage the home, but right now I feel I have lost a huge amount of time trying to fix it … I’m not a coder or whatsoever and if you need some logs to help me, don’t hesitate to tell me what you need and how to get it !

Thanks for your much appreciated help !

I gave up on the built-in homekit support in openhab2, I switched to homebridge. It’s a bit complicated to configure and less automatic but it’s been reliable for me. Check out https://github.com/tommasomarchionni/homebridge-openhab2

Hopefully the integrated homekit binding gets some attention eventually, there are several new device types in the latest iOS versions and HomePod is supposed to be really good at picking up voice commands from across the house.

Indeed, I’m gonna receive my HomePod very soon and that’s why I wanted to make it pair with my Niko Home Control installation.

Thanks for you reply, I’m gonna checkout Homebridge right now ! :wink: