Homekit Speaker Sonos

I noticed that the Homekit Binding supports Speakers, so I tryed to configure my Sonos Speakers to it:

sonos.items

Group  Sonos_Schlaf                  "Schlafzimmer"                                           {homekit = "Speaker"}
Player Sonos_Schlaf_Controller       "Controller"                          (Sonos_Schlaf)     { channel="sonos:PLAY1:RINCON_001:control" }
Dimmer Sonos_Schlaf_Volume           "Volume [%.1f %%]" <soundvolume>      (Sonos_Schlaf)     { channel="sonos:PLAY1:RINCON_001:volume" }
Switch Sonos_Schlaf_Mute             "Stumm"            <soundvolume_mute> (Sonos_Schlaf)     { channel="sonos:PLAY1:RINCON_001:mute", homekit="Mute" }
String Sonos_Schlaf_CurrentTrack     "Now playing [%s]" <text>             (Sonos_Schlaf)     { channel="sonos:PLAY1:RINCON_001:currentalbum" }
Image  Sonos_Schlaf_Album            "Album"            <image>            (Sonos_Schlaf)     { channel="sonos:PLAY1:RINCON_001:currentalbumart" }
Switch Sonos_Schlaf_LED              "LED"              <switch>           (Sonos_Schlaf)     { channel="sonos:PLAY1:RINCON_001:led" }

The Sonos Speaker pops up in my home app, but as non supported device. Does anyone have a working example with sonos & homekit?

You are probably aware that you can pipe audio from your Apple devices to Sonos directly via AirPlay?

So do you try it via HomeKit & openHAB just for fun or is there a technical scenario where that workaround brings a benefit?

(Honest question, I’m not sarcastic but interested in your answer :thinking:)

Yes I am using airconnect to stream content from apple devices to my old sonos speakers.

Independent from the audio source (airplay, tv, aux) I would like to control the volume, pause/ play and mute via siri->homekit->openhab->sonos

That way i can ask siri to increase the volume or pause the playback etc

any news on this topic? i have a similar problem to solve. My use case is:

1. Speaker sonos*
  2. homekit binding
    What i want to achieve is playing a predifined audio file in a loop when i send play command to this speaker frome home app.

*I don’t have this speaker so i am not able to test it.