Hi, I have been working with Homekit for the past couple of weeks and I am having reliability issues. My system is OpenHAB 3.1 on Ubuntu 18.04 which is hardwired. My Homekit hubs are an iPad and Homepod.
Things started out good, but went downhill. On my iPhone, a couple of Meross smart plugs and Ecobee work fine. The openHAB hub and accessories started not responding. After doing a lot of troubleshooting, Using the Discovery app on my iPhone and mac, I found that my openHAB server stopped advertising it’s homekit services after a minute or so.
Things that I have tried are deleting the bridge on my phone, clearing pairing, uninstalling homekit, deleting homekit json file and backups, reinstalling homekit, rebooting, clearing the cache, rinse and repeat but not in that order. No luck, still and issue with advertising in mDNS. It may stay up long enough to add the bridge to my phone, but doesn’t stay.
I brought up a test server with 3.1, installed homekit and called the bridge “openhab2”. Added it to my phone with a couple of accessories and it seems to work, although I need to restart since yesterday to get it going again.
Just a snippet from my logs.
2021-09-13 14:56:30.441 [TRACE] [rver.impl.http.impl.AccessoryHandler] - Terminated HomeKit connection from /192.168.92.177:49159 2021-09-13 14:56:33.034 [TRACE] [rver.impl.http.impl.AccessoryHandler] - Terminated HomeKit connection from /192.168.92.244:49789 2021-09-13 15:09:26.629 [TRACE] [impl.connections.SubscriptionManager] - Publishing change for 858216806
I am out of ideas.