Homekit thermostat set point and mode written to all thermostats

Hey,
I’ve managed to setup homekit with my fitzbox dect thermostats (4)
I can read out, set temps, and change modes.
BUT it allways changes all thermostats…

Any idea what went wrong?

I’ve configured my radiator group as Thermostat and the points inside it like this (all four thermostats the same):
mode:

value: Thermostat.CurrentHeatingCoolingMode
config:
  HEAT: AUTOMATIC
  OFF: VACCATION

radiator_mode:

value: Thermostat.TargetHeatingCoolingMode
config:
  HEAT: ON
  AUTO: COMFORT
  OFF: OFF
  COOL: ECO

setpoint:

value: Thermostat.TargetTemperature
config:
  minValue: 8
  step: 0.5
  maxValue: 28

temperature:

value: Thermostat.CurrentTemperature
config:
  minValue: 8
  step: 0.5
  maxValue: 28

The radiator group #2 is configured the same, and the other radiator groups too.

Is there anything I missed?

Thanks,
~Frutti

strange. configuration looks good,
do you see multiple thermostats in home app? if you change one does it change all others as well?

from homekit binding perspective there is no way to connect thermostats to a group or so.
i assume, you have not defined any rules on thermostats changes and the items are connected to different things…

if you change one thermostat directly via openhab UI and not via homekit, does it also applies to all or only to one?

Yes I’m seeing all four thermostats and if I change one it changes all (except one…???)
I’ve not set any rules.
It also changes all (the three that change) when I change it with Google Home (which worked fine before)…
And yes if I change it inside openhab directly it also changes the other ones.
One strange thing here is: Mode is changes and matches all, but the set temp is off…
Example:
Temp change at Thermostat#1 to 24°C, mode switches to “ON”
All thermostat modes switch to “ON” and temp changes, but not to 24°C but to something higher (maybe last value they had when they where “ON”?)
Changing the Mode from Thermostat#X all modes match again and if the mode has a fix temp stored, the temp matches the stored value.

my guess is that the mode setting is a problem…

edit: typo

ok. then the issue is not with items or homekit but probably somewhere

1. things.
  • check the link between items for mode and things.
  • check things definition, not sure how fritzbox dect binding works, but you should have channels linked to things. make sure they are correct
  1. thermostats.
  • check the settings in fritzbox. maybe some group sync is enabled, e.g.

Hey, thank you. I feel a little stupid. It was the group setting from the fritzbox… I just removed the group and it seems to work fine. Thank you, I did not think about that!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.