Homematic binding does not update device channel despite forceUpdate being true

Hello!

I have an item for my Homematic HM-CC-RT-DN which i use to put the device into manual mode with a desired temperature value. Item definition with forceUpdate set to true:

Number heating_MANUAL_MODE "Heating Manual [%.1f °C]" <temperature> {channel="homematic:HG-HM-CC-RT-DN:0bxxxxxx:MEQxxxxxxx:4#MANU_MODE", autoUpdate="true", forceUpdate="true"}

If I now update the item via any means to some number, this works. However, if I do the same again (does not matter when), if using the same value, this does not work despite forceUpdate being true.

The log shows the following message:

11:20:21.605 [DEBUG] [ematic.handler.HomematicThingHandler] - Received command '17' for channel 'homematic:HG-HM-CC-RT-DN:0bxxxxxx:MEQxxxxxxx:4#MANU_MODE'
11:20:21.609 [DEBUG] [ternal.communicator.HomematicGateway] - Value '17.0' equals cached gateway value '17.0' with id '0bxxxxxx' and forceUpdate is false, ignoring 'MEQxxxxxxx:4#MANU_MODE'

This is not reallly nice because now the device is not set to manual mode. Setting the item to some other value works of course, but I suppose this problem should not occur in the first, so I suppose this is a bug.

Does anybody have a clue what’s wrong here?

Which version of the add-on are you using? As far as I can remember there has been a modification after the 2.0 release.

Hello!

I am using the testing repository and the currently installed version (via apt-cache show openhab2) is called 2.1.0~20170202112846-1. I am using the addon that is bundled with that version as far as I can tell.

Edit: feature:list | grep home means:

openhab-binding-homematic                 | 2.1.0.SNAPSHOT

Can you try to set forceUpdate in PaperUI? You can enable it by editing a channel. According to the log message it seems that the forceUpdate setting in the item definition is ignored. I think it only possible to set it for a channel.

Hello!

I tried to, but honestly I have no clue where to edit that in the UI. I loaded the URL https://myhost/paperui/index.html#/configuration/things/edit/homematic:HG-HM-CC-RT-DN:0bxxxxxx:MEQxxxxxxx and there is the thing configuration for that wireless heating thermostat located. At the bottom of the page you can even en- or disable AES encryption for some channels (but I am sure this means homematic channels and not OpenHAB channels).

But there is no possibility to view or change this certain channel property we are talking about (as far as I can tell).

According to the log message it seems that the forceUpdate setting in the item definition is ignored. I think it only possible to set it for a channel.

Isn’t this a kind of bug then?

Greetings

Update to the latest snapshot, forceUpdate has been removed after 02. Feb. and values are always sent to the gateway. Should fix your problem.

So my memory was not completely wrong. I remembered that it was removed but was not sure when it was.

Stupidly I only checked my release installation and there forceUpdate still existed … Sorry for the confusion.

Okay, thanks for letting me know. I suppose forceUpdate has been removed completely from OpenHAB?

yes, it was completely removed as it led to such problems