Homematic HM-CFG-LAN tutorial for openHAB2?

Hi all

Is there anyone who can give me a hint how to integrate the Homematic config adapter HM-CFG-LAN into openHAB2? I searched quite a long time and did not find any documentation, not here in the forum, not on github or the web…

What works:

• The adapter has an IP address and is pingable, so network connectivity is established and ok.
  • I put the org.openhab.ui.habmin_2.0.0.SNAPSHOT-0.0.15.jar into the addons directory, and i see the binding within the paper UI.

Unfortunately, that’s it… :confused:
When I discover for Homematic devices via paper UI, openHAB doesn’t find it. If I click for manual search, the OH2-page remains blank, no possibility to enter an IP or so.
In addition to that, the Homematic software is real crap, I installed it on two (Win7) Computers and it gets me errors in both cases, and even the documentation is quite poor.

My questions are though:

• How do I integrate/discover this device into openHAB2? There is no config-file as it is in openHAB 1… Habmin? Or even something else?
  • Is it necessary to disable AES encryption (as it is the case in FHEM)?
  • If this is done: do I have to pair all additional equipment via the Homematic configuration software (dimmer, temperature sensor etc.)? Or do I have to do within openHAB

All help is appreciated
donato

2 Likes

I have the same questions, so I will try to get answers by probing.

1st. step should be to install a communication bridge.

I decide to use homegear. https://www.homegear.eu/index.php/Main_Page
Isn’t handy at all…

After a while I would like to give openHAB another try. Does anybody have news here? My goal is to use HM-CFG-LAN and avoid buying a CCU…

You will need some kind of CCU as gateway to use openhab with homematic HM-CFG-LAN.

There are different possibilities, like:

CCU1 or 2
Homegear (alternative Software CCU)
YAHM (Software CCU as LXC Container)
LXCCU (outdated - Software CCU )

I am using a Pine64 with YAHM and Openhab2.
So you do not need any further hardware.
Works fine without any problems.

See binding documation for more: https://github.com/openhab/openhab2-addons/tree/master/addons/binding/org.openhab.binding.homematic

I planing on including my heating in openhab. So far I´m not sure if I want homematic of zwave. but zwave seams to be a lot more expensive.

My Question is, what kind of board do you use on the pine to get it working with homematic?
There is a Board from German ELV for the Pi. Does that work on the pine too?

For zwave there was an extension board for the pine.