Homematic/Homegear problems (somehow solved with a workaround)

i am currently trying to test a switch from a homematic ccu to homegear as gateway. In order do that i unpaired the devices in a room from my ccu and paired them to homegear. Then i used PaperUI to discover tge new bridge and things.

That’s when the trouble began.

The ccu bridge and all devices went offline, only homegear bridge stayed online. I deleted the offline bridge after a few restarts, but the effect was, all my things were deleted. :frowning:

I am not sure, if homematic or jsondb is the bad guy in my story. Is the Homematic binding usually capable of handling two bridges?

Restoring a backup now.

By the way, this is openHAB 2.2 Snapshot with the latest openHABian (two of them, one runs openHAB, the other the homegear service.

Backup restored, 2nd try.

This time it is better. Both bridges stay online, i think the earlier problems were due to a somehow corrupt jsondb. Wasn’t reproducable. It was. Deleting the bridge deletes all things instead of perhaps all things of the bridge!

But the type strings of the Homegear things is wrong. All type strings are prefixed with ‘HG-’:

This renders them quite useless. The homematic configuration software lists them correctly (connected to homegear):

The Homegear bridge notifies the binding, but the binding is not aware of the channels, most likely due to the wrong type strings:

2017-10-13 05:31:09.982 [DEBUG] [ommunicator.AbstractHomematicGateway] - Received new (Double) value '17.0' for 'NEQ0172836:4#SET_TEMPERATURE' from gateway with id '6FE7E3C9-2E22-3B98-03D6-BC71967F8E6B'
2017-10-13 05:31:09.987 [WARN ] [ematic.handler.HomematicThingHandler] - Channel not found for datapoint 'NEQ0172836:4#SET_TEMPERATURE'
2017-10-13 05:31:09.991 [DEBUG] [ommunicator.AbstractHomematicGateway] - Received new (Integer) value '0' for 'NEQ0172836:4#VALVE_STATE' from gateway with id '6FE7E3C9-2E22-3B98-03D6-BC71967F8E6B'
2017-10-13 05:31:09.996 [WARN ] [ematic.handler.HomematicThingHandler] - Channel not found for datapoint 'NEQ0172836:4#VALVE_STATE'

What did i find out after a few hours more:

  • the empty json thing database is reproduceable, my restore was empty again a few hours later (again after deleting the homematic bridge to homegear)
  • the different name is not a problem, but some things don’t get channels (sometimes some from ccu2 and some from homegear)
  • my (new) openhabian instance is unable to connect to the included homegear instance
  • my (old) openhabian instance connects to this homegear instance flawlessly

wow, a bunch of problems. I mdidn’t expect that.

Does anybody have a hint to any of the problems?

I’ve nothing to offer except you probably need to file an issue on the openhab2-addons repo. The behavior is clearly wrong but from all appearances is a problem with the bindings.

I found a solution/workaround, at least in my case. I had several rules with quite lazy defined triggers which stressed openHAB/the Pi during startup.

Using smarter triggers gave openHAB the air to breathe to startup correctly.

The connection problem between openHAB/Homegear solved itself, suddenly it worked, i have no idea why.

Finally, i have a RaspberryPi running openHAB & Homegear, everything is installed and works. And i learned many things about rules & things-files. :smiley:

The real solution is should be discussed in the earlier topic: