Homematic-IP devices suddenly stop delivering data

Hello community

After the last upgrade to Openhab 2.5.3-1, I discovered the phenomenon that, after approx. 12 -32 hours, all Homematic-IP devices suddenly stop delivering data to the Openhab system.
However, commands from Openhab are still forwarded to the individual Homematic devices.
Only a restart of the Openhab Service reconnects the devices correctly fo a while and the correct values are transmitted.
Is there anybody who has an explanation for this behaviour or faces the same issue.
Before the upgrade this problem never occured.

Every help is appreciated.
Thanks a lot in advance

Michael

Hallo Michael,

can you give us some more information about your installation and the problem:

• type of CCU and installed software version
  • openHAB environment (Linux, Windows, …)
  • what kind of devices do you use that are now causing this problem?
  • do you only have HmIP devices or also other devices? If you have other devices, what happens with then?
  • Please check the thin status in openHAB. Do the devices appear as online or which status is shown?
  • are there any error messages or warnings in openhab.log?

Martin

Hi Martin,

thanks for your answer:
My answers to your questions below:

can you give us some more information about your installation and the problem:

• type of CCU and installed software version:
    – CCU3 with 3.51.6*
  • openHAB environment (Linux, Windows, …):
    – Raspberry PI 4B 2GB RAM Kernel 4.19.97-v7l+ #1294 SMP
  • what kind of devices do you use that are now causing this problem?
    – All Homematic IP Devices:
    2x eTRV-B, 1xSTH, 1x STHO, 1x WTH-2, 2x SWDM, 1xSTHD
  • do you only have HmIP devices or also other devices? If you have other devices, what happens with then?
    – I have a lot more devices like Fritzbox 7530 with 4x Fritz DECT 301, Philips Hue Bridge and Lights and custom temperature sensors connected to Openhab without any issues.
  • Please check the thin status in openHAB. Do the devices appear as online or which status is shown?
    – Status was ONLINE
  • are there any error messages or warnings in openhab.log?
    – I have not seen any warnings or error messages related to Homematic Devices.

Thanks a lot in advance

Best regards

Michael

Hi Michael,

as far as I know there have not been that many changes in the HM binding resp. openHAB in general. I made some changes (https://github.com/openhab/openhab-addons/issues/6102) but they are only relevant for channels providing temperature values.
If you are missing temperature values you should remove the things and then detect them again.

How is your Raspi connected to your network? Via WiFi or Ethernet. If both connections are active or you Raspi has two IP addresses I would recommend to set one of the IP addresses (I would recommend the Ethernet) in the bridge configuration as “Callback address”.

Maybe you can also find some information in the CCU’s system log (you may have to change the log level).

Hi Martin,

Please excuse my late reply.
I was out of the house for a few days.
Interestingly, during our absence, the system didn’t have the slightest difficulty.
Hardly back, the phenomenon started again.

With the Homematic devices, all data points are affected, including humidity and target temp.
The system is indeed connected via WLAN, since it is connected to a touch display and a LAN hardly feasable at the location
I am now afraid that the WLAN can be a reason for the problem, since we not used the WLAN during our absence with computers an cellphones.

In the CCU3 Log is nothing found related to this problem and the CCU is directly connected to the LAN.

Maybe I will make a test with a LAN extension, but this cannot be a final solution, due to the disturbing optic in the room.
Meanwhile I will monitor the logfiles of the Raspberry System regarding WLAN Connection Errors and let the openhab system restart every 24 hrs with a cronjob.

Thanks a lot in for your help and if new ideas come up they will be highly appreciated.

Best regards

Michael

Hi Michael,

I have also tried to use the WiFi on my Raspi (3) but it did not work reliably. Therefore I had to go back to cables.

I know this problem from my living room :-). I have tried it with Develop Magic, which worked quite well but after an upgrade to VDSL 250 the Develos interfered with the DSL connection. I have now installed a Speedport Mesh, which works better than expected.

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.