Homematic Rollershutter behavior

I use a Homematic HM-LC-Bl1-FM to control my Sunblinds, but I have some issues with it.

I was wondering why the status “jumps” between different values, while the sunblind is moving.
When the current position is 0% and 100 is send, then the Sitemap and Homematic GUI is reflecting this value, for a short time. Then suddenly the value change back to 0 until the blind reached the final position - then 100 is displayed again in OH Sitemap and Homematic GUI.

I thought this is an issue with the Homematic HM-LC-Bl1-FM , but found that it works well, once I remove the thing from OH. Seems the status update loops somehow between CCU and OH.

The “bouncing” status is visible as well in HomeKit.

I configured a Delay in OH things file, but this isn’t a solution

Any clue how to solve this?

I suppose this is a issue in the binding itself but maybe I’m wrong :slight_smile:

Thanks for your support

Stefan

Hi Stefan,

I see the same behaviour with my HM-LC-Bl1PBU-FM for controlling my roller shutters, but I actually appreciated the short ‘jump’ as an indicator of the level I have chosen.

Other than this brief ‘indication jump’ this doesn’t affect the correct behaviour at all for me.

Are you experiencing any actual misoperation with this?

How are you actually displaying the status in your sitemap?

Sounds like the expected effect of autoupdate. You can disable that on your Item, if you don’t like it.

I also have autoupdate set to false, for other functional reasons though, and am still enjoying the brief ‘jump’ of selected/desired new state to current state - then the final state, once it has been reached.

Your events.log will reveal whether this is an actual behaviour of your Item, or maybe an artifact of whatever UI you are using.

With autoupdate=false I could stop the bouncing at least for the HomeKit item.
In Homematic GUI it is still bouncing, but I don’t care about it.
The OH Sitemap is with a Proxy Item, as I also have to invert the values. HomeKit and Homematic does use 100 if the Sunbind is fully open. in OH the value is 0 however. With the ProxyItem I invert the value, in order to show the correct value in the OH Sitemap as well. Not sure this is the correct approach.

I use the inverted proxy as well, but only for charting purposes. For the controlling UI in my sitemap I have chosen to use a mapped button control to quickly select predefined states, with it still allowing for manual control by selecting UP (↑) or DOWN (↓) and pressing STOP (X) when desired.

Thats what I use as well, but with different controls (still not sure what the best approach is)