[Homematic] Setpoint only changes by 1 value when pressed multiple times

Hi there,

I´m trying to set the temperature of my homematic units with OpenHAB.
But i´m only able to change the value around one step per click and have to reload the sitemap for the next step.
So if i want to got from 18° to 22° i have to:
18°, plus 1, reload, 19°, plus 1, reload, 20°, plus 1, reload, 21°, plus 1, reload and finally 22°.

Is there any other way ?
I know i could make some default values and choose them via switch mappings.
Like an simple value input ?
So i could simply write the value i want.

Items:

Number itmHeizung_Schlafzimmer_SOLL "Schlafzimmer Soll Temperatur [%.1f °C]" <heating> (Schlafzimmer) {homematic="address=XXX, channel=4, parameter=SET_TEMPERATURE"}
Number itmHeizung_Badezimmer_SOLL "Badezimmer Soll Temperatur [%.1f °C]" <heating> (Badezimmer) {homematic="address=XXX, channel=4, parameter=SET_TEMPERATURE"}
Number itmHeizung_Kueche_SOLL "Küche Soll Temperatur [%.1f °C]" <heating> (Kueche) {homematic="address=XXX, channel=4, parameter=SET_TEMPERATURE"}

Sitemap:

Setpoint item=itmHeizung_Schlafzimmer_SOLL label="Schlafzimmer SOLL [%.1f °C]" step=1.0 minValue=15 maxValue=30 icon="heating"
Setpoint item=itmHeizung_Badezimmer_SOLL label="Badezimmer SOLL [%.1f °C]" step=1.0 minValue=15 maxValue=30 icon="heating"
Setpoint item=itmHeizung_Kueche_SOLL label="Küche SOLL [%.1f °C]" step=1.0 minValue=15 maxValue=30 icon="heating"

Cheers
Michael

I’m using
Setpoint item=DanLivConnZSet1 minValue=16 maxValue=35 step=1
and that works without any problems or reloading (OH 1.8.3 on RPi).

What I would do: first omit declaration of two labels: remove the label in the sitemap.
Second: choose step=1 instead of step=1.0
Third: try the sequence as stated in the wiki:
minValue="<min value>" maxValue="<max value>" step="<step value>"

I tried that but still the same behaviour …

Item:

Number itmHeizung_Schlafzimmer_SOLL "Soll [%.1f °C]" <heating> (Schlafzimmer) {homematic="address=XXX, channel=4, parameter=SET_TEMPERATURE"}

Sitemap:

Setpoint item=itmHeizung_Schlafzimmer_SOLL minValue=16 maxValue=35 step=1

The Remote UI jumps back to the top after every change, but works without a reload.
The iOS App still needs an reload after every change.
When changing the value multiple times, only the last step will be redone.

iOS UI
Soll = 19
Pressing +
Soll = 19

Log:

2016-07-18 09:09:12.524 [DEBUG] [o.i.r.i.resources.ItemResource] - Received HTTP POST request at 'items/itmHeizung_Schlafzimmer_SOLL' with value '20.0'.
2016-07-18 09:09:12.526 [DEBUG] [.b.h.i.c.HomematicCommunicator] - Received command 20.0 for item itmHeizung_Schlafzimmer_SOLL
2016-07-18 09:09:12.528 [DEBUG] [.h.i.c.s.AbstractTypeConverter] - Converting type DecimalType with value '20.0' to (Double) value with DecimalTypeConverter for HmDatapoint[address=XXX,channel=4,parameter=SET_TEMPERATURE]
2016-07-18 09:09:12.530 [DEBUG] [.b.h.i.c.HomematicCommunicator] - Value '20.0' equals cached Homematic server value '20.0' and forceUpdate is false, ignoring DatapointConfig[address=XXX,channel=4,parameter=SET_TEMPERATURE]

2016-07-18 09:09:15.737 [DEBUG] [o.i.r.i.resources.ItemResource] - Received HTTP POST request at 'items/itmHeizung_Schlafzimmer_SOLL' with value '20.0'.
2016-07-18 09:09:15.739 [DEBUG] [.b.h.i.c.HomematicCommunicator] - Received command 20.0 for item itmHeizung_Schlafzimmer_SOLL
2016-07-18 09:09:15.741 [DEBUG] [.h.i.c.s.AbstractTypeConverter] - Converting type DecimalType with value '20.0' to (Double) value with DecimalTypeConverter for HmDatapoint[address=XXX,channel=4,parameter=SET_TEMPERATURE]
2016-07-18 09:09:15.742 [DEBUG] [.b.h.i.c.HomematicCommunicator] - Value '20.0' equals cached Homematic server value '20.0' and forceUpdate is false, ignoring DatapointConfig[address=XXX,channel=4,parameter=SET_TEMPERATURE]

Cheers
Michael

Sihui, I assume you are using a Danfoss device (zwave), so maybe this is not directly comparable to the Homematic device of Michael. Maybe it is more of a problem of the binding and not related to the item definition?

Hi Stefan,

that could be an logical reason, but i think it´s more about the App communication.

When opening the app, all values are pulled from OpenHAB, in my test scenario only local in the same network.
But when changing the value, the app doesn´t get the response without reloading the sitemap, as no new values get pulled.
This would mean the app only nows the current value “19” and will alway try to send the new plus one value “20” to OpenHAB.

Same as in the Web UI, it´s alway jumping to the top after changing a value, so it´s doing a pull of new values.

Just an idea of what´s happening.

Cheers
Michael

Are other items working normally or does no refresh at all work with the app?

I am using several Danfoss thermostats based on zwave and several other items. All of them get proper updates/refresh, wether it’s the webui or the app (I am also using the ios app).

Again, I think it’s more a problem of the homematic binding. Maybe someone else who is using this binding could help? Maybe a slight change of the topic or the tags could lead to a better help than mine…

Hi Stefan,

i don´t got many interactive options on my sitemap.
There´s a switch to change the heating units mode and the setpoint for temperature.

Even when changing between the three switch mappings the Web UI jumps to the top.

In the iOS app it doesn´t jump to the top but values don´t get pulled until i reload.
(reload = pulling down to show the loading wheel)

Cheers
Michael

Seems like a still open issue: