Homeseer WX-300 Z-wave switch causing warning after upgrade to OpenHAB 4.1

I have 2 Homeseer WX-300 switches that are causing the following messages in the log on system startup.

[WARN ] [wave.discovery.ZWaveDiscoveryService] - NODE 50: Device discovery could not resolve to a thingType! 000C:4447:4037::1.12
[WARN ] [core.thing.internal.ThingManagerImpl] - Failed to normalize configuration for new thing during update ‘zwave:device:c1c8f8fe:node50’: {thing/channel=Type description zwave:homeseer_hswx300_00_000_config_decimal_param14 for zwave:device:c1c8f8fe:node50:config_decimal_param14 not found, although we checked the presence before.}
[WARN ] [core.thing.internal.ThingManagerImpl] - Channel types or config descriptions for thing ‘zwave:device:c1c8f8fe:node57’ are missing in the respective registry for more than 120s. In case it does not happen immediately after an upgrade, it should be fixed in the binding.
[WARN ] [core.thing.internal.ThingManagerImpl] - Failed to normalize configuration for thing ‘zwave:device:c1c8f8fe:node57’: {thing/channel=Type description zwave:homeseer_hswx300_00_000_config_decimal_param14 for zwave:device:c1c8f8fe:node57:config_decimal_param14 not found, although we checked the presence before.}
[WARN ] [core.thing.internal.ThingManagerImpl] - Failed to normalize configuration for new thing during update ‘zwave:device:c1c8f8fe:node57’: {thing/channel=Type description zwave:homeseer_hswx300_00_000_config_decimal_param14 for zwave:device:c1c8f8fe:node57:config_decimal_param14 not found, although we checked the presence before.}

Both switches were added originally without any problem while on OpenHAB 3, but when I upgraded to 4, I get this error on startup. Both of them seem to be operating normally other than it takes them longer to come online when OpenHAB starts, they don’t come online until after that error appears in the log.

I have checked the database and there appear to be several entries for the WX-300, but when I tried to delete the thing and re-add it to OpenHAB, it is unable to resolve a device type and no channels are available. I think my problem may be related to the fact that I have the switches configured as a binary on/off switch and not as dimmers. I think that the 2 modes have different device numbers, but I am unable to tell, and I don’t really have any idea what is wrong with the configuration in the database, or if an additional device needs to be added.

Thanks,

Steve

Up to this point, I’d say there was nothing wrong. The WARN may be due to slow start-up and this message says not to worry since that is when the message is appearing.

From the first warn message Node 50 is [this device] (OpenSmartHouse Z-Wave Device Database). Use the TYPE:ID not model number. Also it has not been modified since 2021, so should be the same.

I did notice a ZW DB problem where your file is now missing in the binding, but OK in the DB. I think it has to do with a duplicate number. So there is a problem now. I attempted a fix but will need to be reviewed and merged in the next couple of weeks.

If you are adventurous you can try adding this file
hswx300a_0_0.xml (29.3 KB)
to the homeseer directory. Using this process.

Look in the userdata/zwave folder and open the XML files. Compare these lines;

The device is back in the snapshot binding. Should work with 4.1.1, but if you did the manual update might want to wait to upgrade until the first 4.2 milestone. It is always safest to have everything at the same version level.