Honeywell T6 Pro Z-Wave Not In Database

Purchased a Honeywell T6 Pro Z-Wave thermostat.

Completed the hardware install, added Z-Wave stick, installed the binding, ran a scan and found the T6 thermostat BUT it did not find the T6 in the database.

" The device is not in the database."

" The device initialisation is not complete."

Running openHAB 3.0.2

Suggestions?

There are a couple of T6 devices in the database. Exactly what does it say in the UI? Does it provide the device type//ID or not? That’s important to try and differentiate if the issue is not completing initialisation, or not in the database.

Hi Chris,

Here is the information displayed.

• This device has not been fully discovered by the binding. There are a few possible reasons for this -:
    • The device is not in the database. If the device attributes show that this device has a valid manufacturer ID, device ID and type, then this is likely the case (eg. you see a label like “Z-Wave node 1 (0082:6015:020D::2.0)”). Even if the device appears to be in the database, some manufacturers use multiple sets of references for different regions or versions, and your device references may not be in the database. In either case, the database must be updated and you should raise an issue to get this addressed.
    • The device initialisation is not complete. Once the device is included into the network, the binding must interrogate it to find out what type of device it is. One part of this process is to get the manufacturer information required to identify the device, and until this is done, the device will remain unknown. For mains powered devices, this will occur quickly, however for battery devices the device must be woken up a number of times to allow the discovery phase to complete. This must be performed with the device close to the controller.

Since the

is not shown in the picture, it looks like initialization is not complete. However, since it looks like you have this on a “C” wire (powered) that is unusual.

Have to ask what is make and model of the zstick? Does it have a 700 chip?

Correct the T6 is using “C” wire.

Nortex HUSBZB-1

That seems okay.

How close is the T6 to the controller?

On the controller UI page (advanced) does it look like this?
Controller

T6 is 20 feet from controller.

Secure Inclusion Mode I believe I set to All Devices. I was lead to believe that Entry Control Devices were for door locks and such.

That adds a layer of complication and possibly why initialization is not finishing. It is also an area I do not have direct experience. My thermostats are not added securely.

It will mean duplicate work, but if you want to try to see if security is the only issue here. “Exclude devices” from the controller UI and T6 exclusion protocol, then try to include non-securely. it should come be a new node number and might have the device ID, type, etc. to see if it is in the DB. if yes, then you can go back and try to include securely.

Another option would be set zwave in debug mode and try the inclusion button on the device (This should send a NIF and we can see what the binding tries to do.