How do I add a CA root certificate inside a synology docker image?

I am running Openhab 3.3 in a Docker on a Synology 920+. Now I would like to install a certificate for the SSL connection for the Openhab Docker.

Essentially, I want to re-establish my connection to my Docker.

The manufacturer has now released and installed a new certificate on the device that is valid until 2031 and also no longer produces a certificate error. With the certificate and the commands

Installation of the certificate for the decalcification system

Loaded the crt to /home/openhabian

export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/zulu-embedded-8-armhf

keytool -importcert -file /home/openhabian/PeterBauer.crt -keystore $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/security/cacerts -alias Judo

Used the password: changeit

Does the query also work on an Openhabian installation running standalone on a Pi.

Of course, in my main installation on Docker I get an SSL error because the certificate is not installed there.

[enhab.core.model.script.actions.HTTP] - Fatal transport error: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Abruptly closed by peer

Can you explain how I can execute the command to import the certificate for Synology Docker so that the handshake error no longer occurs?

Same set of steps but you will want to add the certificate to the keystore inside the container.

It might be sufficient to add it to userdata/etc/keystore. If that doesn’t work, you’ll have to go into the running container and add it to Java’s keystore.

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.