How do I control FGRGBW-442 RGBW Controller 2

First disable auto_update and then set the cmd pollperiod properly.
Then it’ll work as desired.

That resolves the “step dimming” issue right? But not the 1% issue correct?

What would be a good pollperiod?

Great thanks :slight_smile: I will try that but I think that’s exactly what I was looking for :slight_smile:

correct

(Value of Parameter 152) * 1000 (to get it in ms) + 50ms security.

It’s cmd pollperiod in the thing config.

Hi, I noticed this too once, but never really paid attention to it. I think @Spaceman_Spiff explanation makes sense: if you have to convert a 0-255 scale in to a percentage, than 1% is ending up in a 0,4-ish value that rounds down to 0. If it is really important to you, you might want to investigate switching to a HSB setup of your LED, as the brightness actually ranges between 0 and 100%. However, you might want to be careful as inputting a color works different compared to RGB coloring, since the HS values TOGETHER define the RGB values, which are then multiplied with you B(rightness). I recommend searching in the manual for “Illustration: Operation in HSB mode”, which explains this rather ok.

@Spaceman_Spiff thanks for the tip with the command polling period! Your Value makes my device response blazing fast!

@fennepa change to HSB had no effect for me…

Yea - HSB works with 0…100%, too.

The only other way is to use the raw values (0…255) - which is why I’ve been asking if it has already been merged back into OH2.

It should only answer once the fade is done. So not too fast … :wink:

1 Like

This seams to be the case :slight_smile: great thanks :slight_smile:

Do you have the same issue on HSB? Or doesn’t it work for you too?

My current “dirty” workaround is, that a rule sets the dimmer from 1% to 2% again…I tried to directly associate a walli dimmer to the rgbw controller which seems to lead to the same “dimming” issue…so I consider it an Issue of the Module itself…

I think yes, but the last test was quite some time ago.
Currently I am just ignoring the issue :laughing:

Oh okay I see XD I’ve heard the rgbw 1 modules have a value to set minimum brightness… don’t know why Fibaro kicked that out…

Imho that’s a feature what doesn’t make a lot of sense because I that’s something that can be done very easily in the software in the controller.
I think it was just in the device because it was possible to use brightness 0 to save some settings.
But I am not sure any more.

I’m very new to OH, so I have no idea about a lot of very simple things.
I’m migrating my Fibaro HC2 to OH3 and it would be very nice to use single command to change all 4 channels in my RGBW device. However even after reading whole this thread I still have no idea how to do this.
Can anyone provide my a sample code? Are there any additional required dependencies etc?
I’ve tried to look for this myself, but failed.
I’m using JS, but Groovy also looks fine for me… if it makes any difference.

It should be possible:

I know… but HOW to use it?

@chris
I finally migrated to OH3.1 and was eager to try the new “level” or “master” channel.
However I can’t find the channel on the Fibaro RGBW or RGBW2.
Could check if these channels are available for you?

I can’t see any channel called this way, only:

• Dimmer
  • Sensor (power)
  • Electric meter (watts)
  • Electric meter (kWh)
  • Color
  • Start Animation
  • Red
  • Green
  • Blue
  • White

I’ve got only a few RGBWs, no RGBW2.
I thought that the issue is that it is created only for RGBW2, but seems you can’t see it for both. However I’ve found the corresponding code on github… that makes everything a bit strange

As I remember, there is no specific level channel added to the devices. What was added was an RGBW colour mode that is a string, that can be used to set individual colours or the level.

This PR was added some time back, but I’m not sure if the database was then updated to add the channel to the various devices that require this so maybe that still needs to be done.

I wanted to follow up and migrate my rules but first tried to set the value through the RestAPI.
Unfortunately it does not work, as I am getting http status

400: Error: Bad Request

I tried a variation of your examples in the github issue:

red=50,level=10

It seems that the string is not accepted as a command.

I tried sending it to the color_control channel - is this the correct one?

@chris
Could you give an example how I can use the new commands on the color_control channel.
The RestAPI rejects my tries with status 400: Bad Request