How do i install the latest build of zigbee binding

I’m running openhab2 on a raspberry pi with a zwave/zigbee usb stick. The zigbee was working but I’m having issues. The issues I’m having seem to be addressed in the current “daily build” but the github repository does not have a .jar file but I guess what is an umcompiled binding. I’m not sure what to do with the umcompiled version. I’m fairly new to Linux. How do I compile it? Is there a .jar somewhere that I’m just not seeing?

The ZigBee binding can be installed the same as other bindings. If you’re on the snapshot repo, then you can just use PaperUI to install the latest version. Otherwise the latest stable JAR can be found here.

Does this version solve the issue of the lights not responding after a while?

I’m not sure what issue you are referring to? Can you reference the issue please as there are a few issues relating to long term performance.

Issue #86. I connected the lights, they worked for a while then became unresponsive though still registered as connected. In reading the issue reports on github it seemed like there was a recent build that addressed this.

Well, this is something I’m looking at, but I don’t think it’s solved yet. As I said, there are a few long term issues that I have an idea of at least some of the cause, but the issues remain open.

You can easily try the latest version to see if it helps for you.

1 Like

Thanks Chris, the effort is much appreciated. Programming is over my head for the most part. I’m picking up the basics of arduino and python. I have much respect for ppl like yourself who are able to put something like this together. If you need a build tested feel free to ask, I’d be happy to help

I actually just posted a test build in another thread -:

If you like to try it I’d welcome any feedback…

Thanks.

1 Like

Awesome, I can install it remotely through my phone but I won’t be able to test it’s functionality till I’m done work in about 8 hours

1 Like

Hello,

I have installed a Zigbee dongle of Elelabs ZigBee.
I had some trouble getting it to work, but suddenly I managed to pair the Phillips Hue lights and it’s working.

Because I have issues in stability, I would like to update the binding.
I have downloaded the jar file and placed it in the Addons folder, I see that openhab tries to install it but fails.
Also after a reboot.

I guess I’m doing something wrong, so what’s the correct way to install this file?

These are the errors I get in te log:

2018-09-29 17:06:10.600 [INFO ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Installing bundle org.openhab.binding.zigbee;singleton:=true / 2.4.0.201809291432

2018-09-29 17:06:10.814 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.binding.zigbee-2.4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.zigbee [286]

Another singleton bundle selected: osgi.identity; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="2.3.0"; osgi.identity="org.openhab.binding.zigbee"; singleton:="true"

2018-09-29 17:06:10.840 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.binding.zigbee-2.4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.zigbee [286]

Another singleton bundle selected: osgi.identity; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="2.3.0"; osgi.identity="org.openhab.binding.zigbee"; singleton:="true"

Edwin