How do you keep everything tidy?

That’s just plain cool. Where did you get the cabinet?

I would love to see the look on my cat’s face when the tv comes up and displaces him.

Thank you. The cabinet is from Touchstone Home Products (http://www.touchstonehomeproducts.com). They were great to work with - the two-tone paint job was custom.

Whoa, those things range in price from like $1200 - $3000+. I guess that’s as far as I go with that one.

I guess my previous posting made me look like a slob.

So for my exoneration, here’s my TV ‘micro site’.

It’s a classic electrical wiring case/hub with a Pi and a couple of zwave actuators to control rollershutters, spotlights and the TV cover plate (it’s powered by another rollershutter).
The shelf below the TV can be removed to access the Ethernet switch, HDMI and audio cable works.

That’s the AVR to the left.

Your setup looks very nice.

Do you have any cooling for that AVR? They aren’t typically designed to be on their side (heat fins are vertical allowing natural airflow up and out).

My AV rack hit 110F once after only a few minutes when its 500cfm fan didn’t turn on. I only have the AVR and an xbox one in mine that were producing any heat.

Err, no, it’s got passive cooling only. Maybe I’ll find out the hard way some day, but so far, it’s been working well.
(it ain’t visible, but at least there’s quite some headroom, behind the speaker).

That is a thing of great beauty…

Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

That’s really slick. Thanks!