How to access OH documentation on Eclipse web site?

There are a lot of “dead-end” links in the openhab.org documentation section that point to the defunct eclipse.org/smarthome site—I run into 30+ of them so far. This makes it hard to find documentation for many functions that could be used in Rules. For example, I just tried to set-up a text-to-speech service (success) and now I would like to use it in Rules, but almost every documented function link ends at the same page telling me how great it is that it is now an “Archived” project. :confused: Not what I would expect of “being archived” but I suppose someone really needed to tear down all those useful links.

Is there another location for this documentation or has it been really thrown away? Is there, perhaps, a redirect that would do the job of, say, changing the target of https://www.eclipse.org/smarthome/documentation/javadoc/org/eclipse/smarthome/core/voice/VoiceManager.html#say-java.lang.String- to something that is working?

I am sure I am not the only person who finds the inaccessible documentation a barrier to developing with OH. Thank you for your help. :slight_smile:

1 Like

There’s already a PR for fixing it:

3 Likes