How to capture Aeotec 6in1 Sensor Vibration

Hi,

Does anyone know of the item syntax for capturing the vibration reading from the Zwave Aeotec 6in1 Multi sensor?

I have been able to capture the Temperature, Luminance, Humidity, Movement.

Many Thanks

I currently get no UV reading at all so I haven’t even bothered with vibration, since it seems to be only used as a tamper alarm. Anybody else?

I’ve just had a look at one of mine, and it appears that it triggers the generic alarm, rather than having a seperate alarm type for the Vibration sensor (or at least, when I’ve tapped it, it’s not sending a different alarm type)

16:41:41.535 [DEBUG] [ApplicationCommandMessageClass:56 ] - NODE 18: Incoming command class ALARM 16:41:41.535 [DEBUG] [z.i.p.c.ZWaveAlarmCommandClass:82 ] - NODE 18: Received Alarm Request 16:41:41.535 [DEBUG] [z.i.p.c.ZWaveAlarmCommandClass:94 ] - NODE 18: Alarm report - Value = 0 16:41:41.536 [DEBUG] [z.i.p.c.ZWaveAlarmCommandClass:112 ] - NODE 18: Alarm Type = General (0) 16:41:41.536 [DEBUG] [.z.internal.ZWaveActiveBinding:450 ] - NODE 18: Got a value event from Z-Wave network, endpoint = 0, command class = ALARM, value = 0

Hi,

@whmcr Thank you for that comment.

I am fairly new to Zwave and OH would you happen to know the syntax for the item to capture this alarm trigger?

The items that I have are as follows

Number Livingroom_aeotec_temperatue "Living Room Temperature [%.1f °C]" {zwave="18:command=sensor_multilevel,sensor_type=1,refresh_interval=300" }
Number Livingroom_aeotec_humidity "Living Room Humidity [%d %%]" {zwave="18:command=sensor_multilevel,sensor_type=5,refresh_interval=300" }
Number Livingroom_aeotec_uv "Living Room UV [%d]" {zwave="18:command=sensor_multilevel,sensor_type=27,refresh_interval=300" }
Number Livingroom_aeotec_light "Living Room Lux [%d]" {zwave="18:command=sensor_multilevel,sensor_type=3,refresh_interval=300" }
Number Livingroom_aeotec_battery  "Living Room Battery [%d %%]"       {zwave="18:command=battery,refresh_interval=10800" }
Switch Livingroom_aeotec_motion   "Living Room Motion detected"       {zwave="18:command=sensor_binary" }
Switch Livingroom_aeotec_tamper   "Living Room Tamper"       {zwave="18:command=alarm" }

I seem to remeber changing a configuration paramater within habmin to set the motion detection to use the sensor, rather than a basic report, as this still was triggering the alarm.

I am still however seeing battery life of about 3 months on these, which is a bit disapointing, and i’m sure its something i’m doing, but not sure what, as other battery devices are fine.

@whmcr thank you for your contribution, I really appreciate it, I will try to implement something similar.

Many thanks

Thanks for this - I just setup my first zwave network and didnt’ know you could specify the refresh interval in the item definition like this in OH.

Regarding your short battery life, I would posit that your refresh_intervals may be more aggressive than the standard, hence it drains your battery quicker. Just a guess though :slightly_smiling: This also helped me to figure out why the Lux value wasn’t updating at first - seems to be much more longer/passive with the standard refresh rate.