How to configure rollershutters on gpio's

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: ARM/1GB/16GB
    • Java Runtime Environment: 1.8.0_212
    • openHAB version: 2.4.0 (Build)
  • Issue of the topic:
    Hi everyone,
    I have 8 roller shutters controlled by 24vdc relays (2 for every shutter). I’ve created logic states converter from 3.3 to 24vdc. Can I control it using openhab? I need to define up and down action for 2 separate gpio’s. Thanks for any answer

I don’t know if there is a specific addon to control th OrangePi GPIOs, maybe the RaspberryPi GPIO addon will suffice?
But I would recommend to use an external script (php, python,…) You could build some basic logic in it, to prevent damage (both relays on at the same time…) or some more sophisticated stuff (remember position of roller shutter in the script, use number command to move directly to the position, return the position to openHAB.

Hi Udo,
thank you for your answer. Providing voltage to ‘up’ and ‘down’ at the same time is protected by DPDT relays working similar to stairs switch cirruit. I solved the problem by mapping gpio using mqtt. Remembering positions, percent of opening etc will be done in next step on my project. Now I’m trying to lern openhab2 doing most trivial configuration
thanks a lot
Pawel