- Platform information:
- openHAB version: 3.0.1
- Issue of the topic: please be detailed explaining your issue
Looking for advice on how to do the following
- I have a Basic UI page showing the temp from a temp sensor
- I have created a login with
role:userthat can see that page. (Note when that user is logged in - he is NOT an admin)
- I want to have a persistent number ("TempLimit’) that can be tested in a rule/script (ie.
if (Temp > TempLimit) do something)
- I want TempLimit value to be a run-time variable; Not hardcoded in a script
- Not sure where to save this TempLimit.
- my 1st idea is to create a channel (that has no MQTT updates).
- also note that there is a runtime [vars] array that could be useful …but not sure if these values are persistent - or are reset on openHAB restart.
- ??? other places?
- I want the user to be able to edit TempLimit from the Basic UI page
Any advice appreciated.