How to debug Wemo

It has been a week or two since my Wemo devices caused me hassle, so I should be pleased.

Can so,eone provide some real world debugging tips for the wemo Binding / Wemo Devices.

Currently I see the following error in my logs all the time:

2017-06-28 16:37:08.700 [ERROR] [ome.binding.wemo.handler.WemoHandler] - Failed to get actual state for device 'wemo:insight:Insight-1_0-221608K1200F0D': Could not call WeMo

Firstly is there a simply way to identity which switch is having an issue as the identifiers in the error message are unique but not the ones I know them by.

I will see if I can fathom out the debug logging for the Wemo binding, in case that offers mire, damn I was going to say insight, now that’s awkward :wink:

Hmm, yeah I get those sort of messages frequently (I ignore them) however my things setup makes the errors at least more meaningful. For example in my things file I have:
Thing wemo:socket:Kids_Charger2 [udn=“Socket-1_0-221339K1100CDD”]

And an example error is:

2017-06-28 18:27:24.237 [ERROR] [ome.binding.wemo.handler.WemoHandler] - Failed to get actual state for device ‘wemo:socket:Kids_Charger2’: Could not call WeMo

I’m not sure if the Insight switches can be defined in things that way. BTW this is for OH2, and a matching example items entry is:
Switch Kids_Charger2 “Mason Charger” (House, Controls) {channel=“wemo:socket:Kids_Charger2:state”}

Hi,
what version are you running ?
There had been some changes in the WeMo firmware causing the Insight switches not to send the responses like they did before. This has been fixed and should be available latest with the next release. Meanwhile, you could try my latest version here.

According to your logs, the Error message clearly identifies the devise as Insight-1_0-221608K1200F0D
In your Items definition, you must have an item with the following configuration

{ channel = "wemo:insight:Insight-1_0-221608K1200F0D:state" }

This is the one which is not answering.
If you want to see more logging information, enter the following in Karaf console

log:set TRACE org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.wemo

This loggs nearly everything…

Thanks Hans-Jörg
The snapshot quietened the error.

Regarding the wemo identifier, the UUID for the device if you wil.
I typicall use more meaningful names locally and was really asking if that name could be included in the log error messages?

I actually do not have item files as for physical devices such as the wemo’s I use PaperUI for the Things and Items setup. One of the side effects of this UI approach is again I pay no attention to the wemo’s UUID.
I have included an image of my paperui entry and wondered where I should insert the name so it appears like you example?

Thanks

Paul

No, it cannot, as the binding only reads the UDN (Unique Device Name) and creates handlers and things based on this.