How to disable the use of OID groups in SNMP messages?

Hello,

I took a look at openhab-addons/bundles/org.openhab.binding.snmp at main · openhab/openhab-addons · GitHub to try and find the answer for myself but I can’t find code referencing the OID grouping.
The reason I would like to have this is that I have some older Ethernet IO-boards which only support snmp and at that only snmp messages using a single OID.
Now for commands that works just fine as the 3.x snmp binding sends a snmp message with a single OID for a command. But when it comes to refreshing or reading in data it groups OIDs in a single snmp get message. And the message times out as the IO-board doesn’t respond.

I am looking if there is some one around whom is familiar enough with the inner workings of the snmp binding to be able to tell we whether this can be done relatively simple.
Undoubtedly it can be done but since I am merely trying to avoid E-waste here the effort needs to be sensible.

I am of course aware that this is less than optimal as you would be sending a get per channel rather than one for all of them. But that is just a limitation of that particular hardware/firmware.