How to find Hue Go 2 via Zigbee binding

Dear all,

I have a smoothly running Zigbee network using the OH Zigbee binding via an Ember EM35x Coordinator. So far, all my Osram plugs could be found and integrated in the last days.

Now I tried to include a Hue Go (2nd generation with Zigbee and Bluetooth, Hue White & Color Ambiance Go tragbare Leuchte 7146060PH | PHILIPS (de) or Hue White and color ambiance Go portable light (latest model) | Philips Hue (en). There is no official documentation, but when you press the ON button for 10sec, the lamp starts to flash in blue light which hopefully indicates it is in pairing mode. However, the lamp is not found by the binding.

Are there any recommendations? Is there a certain log I should post?

I read that some people use Hue by the Zigbee2MQTT binding, but I never used that and I have no MQTT server running so far.

I’m not at all familiar with the device, but if it’s new, then possibly it requires a new version of the coordinator to work with ZB3.0 devices. What version are you using?

It is an Elelabs USB Stick, Ember EM35x, Firmware 6.0.

Ok, that’s fine then.

So that means my stick supports Zigbee 3.0 and should work?
I just found out that in case of ZB3.0, I maybe need to provide some code. I have to give it at “Install code” in the binding, right?

There is a QR code on the lamp saying
HUE:Z:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX where XXX… should be the code, I hope. But copied it to the install code field without success.

Yes.

I don’t know what the problem is, so it’s hard to say.

The install code is not normally required - the standard well known key is normally ok. You don’t mention the version of OH you are using?

Oh, sorry. It is OH3, master branch.

When using an Amazon Echo Plus, the lamp can be included using the built-in Zigbee-Hub. But it requires the six-digit serial number. Not sure how this relates to a key…

Again, I don’t have this device, so don’t know what the serial number is. I’m guessing it’s not related. Normally there is an install code, from which a link key is generated, but lots of other stuff happens under the hood, but unless you have a sniffer, I can’t really help much more.

I’ve not come across any devices that actually require the install code - most will work fine with the standard link key. The only time I’ve needed to use the install code in a product we certified was in a SmartEnergy system which uses a much higher degree of security.