How to find reason for Control process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE

Hello,

I need please help to find the reason for:
Control process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE

sudo grep openha /var/log/*
/var/log/syslog:Nov 7 06:36:48 raspberrypi systemd[1]: openhab2.service: Control process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
/var/log/syslog:Nov 7 06:36:48 raspberrypi systemd[1]: openhab2.service: Failed with result ‘exit-code’.
/var/log/syslog:Nov 7 06:36:48 raspberrypi systemd[1]: openhab2.service: Service RestartSec=100ms expired, scheduling restart.
/var/log/syslog:Nov 7 06:36:48 raspberrypi systemd[1]: openhab2.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 2.

I have a komplex rule wich is interacting with the homematic binding, the sonos binding and many unix shell scripts. The unix shell scripts create pictures and create and updates many unix files.

The problem is that the rule is running for more than many (50) times without having problems and than without seeing a pattern when the rule is running openhab crashs after or at the end of the rule. The only thing I found is the log
/var/log/syslog:Nov 7 06:36:48 raspberrypi systemd[1]: openhab2.service: Control process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
/var/log/syslog:Nov 7 06:36:48 raspberrypi systemd[1]: openhab2.service: Failed with result ‘exit-code’.

After this openHAB starts new and I can use the rule again without problems for many times.
I did have a look at a memory leak issue but did see anything.

I use openHAB 2.4 with Zulu and I reinstalled openHAB, Raspbian is even updatet.

pi@raspberrypi:/var/log $ java -version
openjdk version “1.8.0_152”
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (Zulu Embedded 8.25.0.76-linux-aarch32hf) (build 1.8.0_152-b76)
OpenJDK Client VM (Zulu Embedded 8.25.0.76-linux-aarch32hf) (build 25.152-b76, mixed mode, Evaluation)
pi@raspberrypi:/var/log $

But the question is WHY.
Please help me.
What can I do to find the reason

THX for your help…

Regards

Klaus

You’ll need to look at the openhab logs and figure out which rule was running at the time of the “crash” to try to figure out what killed it.

I know the rule. The problem is that the rule is running for more than many (50) times without having problems and than without seeing a pattern when the rule is running openhab crashs after or at the end of the rule.

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.