How to Group Items

Hi Together,

would like to group three light bulb. But I not know how.

I have read that about “Direct Parent Groups” but I can’t find it.

— System Information —

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: Raspberry PI 4
    • openHAB version: current main branch

→ If you need more information ask.

Hello Kevin, is this what you are looking for?
Items | openHAB

I want to do it like this.
Semantic Model | openHAB - Section: Group Membership
→ I don’t have the section “Direct Group Members”

how can i integrate the code.

Group groupname ["labeltext"] [<iconname>] [(group1, group2, ...)]

When you are viewing a group item, you should see the section “Direct Group Members”.

The semantic model is about defining groups in a hierarchy that are tagged with certain labels (for example a location tag). At the bottom of the hierarchy you have items that are members of those groups.

When you are on the page “Model” you can start creating your model and the membership will be defined without you having to specify much

Ok. Thanks for this short explanation.

Now i have create equiment “Deckenlampe” withe the three members.

Section: Model

This looks good and the condition is also correctly displayed. I can control all the light bulbs.

But can i use the equipment as a switch to controll the light in den overview pages? Like an normal switch. And drill deeper if is nessary to controll each lightbulb.

No I don’t think this is possible at the moment. The idea of a group equipment is more forseen to have different kinds of points attached to (switches but also sensors). What you’d like to do is possible in a sitemap but I don’t think it’s possible in the new UI

I am a beginner at Openhab. But I still want to show you my solution. I’m not 100% satisfied with it but I haven’t found anything better.

I assume you mean the Home Page, because in the Overview Page you should be fine with your model.

Unfortunately the slider for all 3 lamps does not appear directly in the Home Page, you have to click again.

Model

Group Item 1

Group Item 2

Main Page Level 1

Main Page Level 2

Main Page Level 3

In the Overview Page you can directly select the desired item. No 2nd group is necessary for this.

Overview Page

1 Like