I’ve searched but couldn’t find anything specific or tutorials on how to achieve that, that usually means I’m going in the wrong direction. Specially in openhab where I’m such a noob.
My idea was to make phone calls everytime my movement sensor triggers when my family (mobiles) are not on the network, I made it to work with Telegram IM but how many times we dismiss notifications on mobile, or even sometimes not connected due to roaming etc.
It seems Plivo/Twilio free trial allows to make some limited amount of calls: https://support.plivo.com/support/solutions/articles/17000011977-what-is-a-free-trial-account-
I wouldn’t even need to pick-up the call, but this would “alarm” me better than Telegram IMs.
And I saw someone in another post that REST API for PLIVO is simple, so, has anyone ever tested this? Or is there any binding for Plivo/Twilio? I’m looking at the HTTP binding but I’m a bit noob, if you have any pointers I would appreciate.
Here is how to make a call in Plivo:
- Platform information:
- Hardware: CPUArchitecture/RAM/storage
- OS: what OS is used and which version
- Java Runtime Environment: which java platform is used and what version
- openHAB version:
- Issue of the topic: please be detailed explaining your issue
- Please post configurations (if applicable):
- Items configuration related to the issue
- Sitemap configuration related to the issue
- Rules code related to the issue
- Services configuration related to the issue
- If logs where generated please post these here using code fences: