How to reset z-wave binding device identification

I am on zwave 2.5.0-SNAPSHOT due to issues with devices being lost in the stable release.

I need to clear the results of automatic identification of devices. I have a Fibaro Dimmer 2 that has been recognized as a Qubino shutter module, and a Greenwave 6 port power strip that has been identified as a Fibaro FGWP102 Metered Wall Plug Switch. Obviously not correct, but the identification error is repeated if I delete the device from the Inbox and starts over, so I guess that the results of the Interview is cached?

So, how do I force a reset of any caching and make all devices that are not already made into a Thing be identified again?

Thanks!

Fredrik

If you delete them from the inbox and rediscover, the identification should be happening again. If not, delete them and check the contents of your $OPENHAB_USERDATA/jsondb/org.eclipse.smarthome.config.discovery.DiscoveryResult.json file. If it’s not empty, something isn’t working right.

If it is empty and discovery just keeps identifying them diferently than you expect, you might want to check in the device db to make sure the type:ids are correct for these devices. Lastly, you could open the zwave binding jar and check that the Thing definitions match what you are seeing in the db.

Sorry. Still the same issue. I would have expected my 6-way power strip to be discovered the wrong way, but my dimmer 2 (and I have many more of them that are correctly identified) should really not be discovered as a roller shutter.

This is just odd. I verified that the 2.5.0.M1 is still behaving the same. Odd.

The discovery is based off 3 or 4 numbers reported by the device.

• Manufacturer ID number
  • Device Type Numbet
  • Device ID number
  • Firmware Version (sometimes)

You can find the information in HABmin Configuration -> Things -> [thing] -> Attributes (at the bottom of the list);
Posting information here could help us troubleshoot.
Occasionally there are duplicate entries in the database that have not yet been resolved. We are slowly auditing & updating the database to catch these issues.

This may be the issue in some of occations, but device identification should be deterministic, right? I have two identical GreenWave 6 port devices. One is correctly identified, one is identified as a Fibaro FGWP102 Metered Wall Plug Switch. Just very odd.

If I delete all entries in the inbox, this file is empty. When I do a discovery again, I get the wrongly identified device back…

Do they both show the same Type/ID in HABmin? If they are different, the database might treat them differently even if they are functionally identical.

It’s hard to understand that this can happen. The only way I can think of is if the data was received from the device incorrectly. This corruption can happen as ZWave does not have a very strong error detection system on most devices.

Try reinitialising the device using the option in the device configuration, or stop the binding, remove the XML file in the {userdata}/zwave folder for the device and restart the binding.

If that doesn’t work, then please post the XML file that gets created.