How to set up Pi 4 Case Fan

Ho community,

this is my first request. Today I was able to install openhab 3 on my new raspberry pi 4. I think I’m not the only one who will operate this 24/7. So I added the Pi 4 Case Fan. To set it up that the fan only is running when needed the only way I found so far was to connect the raspberry to a monitor and keyboard.

Is there a possibility to change the according raspbian setting via the Putty console? I checked the console setup by openhabian but couldn’t find anything.

Kind regards,
Günther

Try these docs for headless setup:

Thanks for the answer. Although this does not get me further. Putty works fine and I’m getting familiar with openhabian-config. raspi-config would be probable the way to go but unfortunately is not part of openhabian. In openhabian I can’t find any setting options for the fan.

Kind regards,
Günther

Oh, sorry, I was reading a bit too fast.

A quick Google search reveals:
"The fan is connected to the 40-pin Raspberry Pi header and comes with 3 wires (5V, GND, and GPIO) since the blue wire is used to control the fan by software using PWM. You won’t need to mess with any settings, and updating Raspberry Pi OS to the latest version will take care of everything automatically. "

@mstormi can probably tell us how close openhabian folows raspian

Possibly. He dislikes being pinged however.

Heh, quite informative

This might be interesting: https://howchoo.com/g/ote2mjkzzta/control-raspberry-pi-fan-temperature-python