How to use channel profiles for system.rawbutton in OH3 GUI

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: raspi3
    • Java Runtime Environment:
      openjdk version “11.0.12” 2021-07-20 LTS
      OpenJDK Runtime Environment Zulu11.50+19-CA (build 11.0.12+7-LTS)
      OpenJDK Client VM Zulu11.50+19-CA (build 11.0.12+7-LTS, mixed mode)
    • openHAB version: 3.2 M2
  • Issue of the topic: Can someone help me understand if it is possible to define somwhere in OH3 GUI profiles for channels such as:
    rawrocker-to-on-off or rawbutton-on-off-switch

I want to achieve exactly like on doc Items | openHAB with this sample:

channel="serialbutton:button:mybutton:button" [profile="system:rawbutton-toggle-switch"]

I was using oh 1.x 2.x and had all in txt files- that works. in OH3 I try to do not touch config files just keep GUI. But I can’t see such profiles when linking channels to Items (just only transformation ones or timestamp). IS IT SUPPORTED already?
I added also item using text editor available in GUI, I defined profile over there but after saving I’m not sure how to check if profile is still attached to this Item? What if I edit Item in GUI later and press save, Is it going to overwrite profile?

no just wondering if system.rawbutton can be used in conjuction with mqtt generic channel + switch Item or it is reserved just for certain addons like here

Hey Grzegorz,
Profiles can be limited to specific handlers, however most of them is bound to specific item and channel in/out types (items accepted by channel). This means that rawbutton profile shall work with any of channels provided by bindings. One thing which is necessary to note - there are two main kinds of channels and hence profiles - state and trigger.
Role of rawbutton profile is to send command (in fact set a state) when channel is triggered with “press” event.

So what you need to look at is actually kind of profile and kind of channel since you can’t cross boundaries between state/trigger.

Best,
Łukasz

1 Like