HPEx - HabPanel Extension

You need to add the actual widget

Followed the instructions 3 times (removing between), even shutdown OH , clear cache, restart.

The widget is blank.

Is there a difference on pi and 2.4?

Make sure you put the right folder in the HTML, not the master folder the one inside.

It seems to work on my PC and Android phone, but the widget doesnā€™t seem to want the load in safari, Firefox, or chrome on my iPad 4 on iOS 10.3.3 for some reason, probably some stupid restriction apple put into place. Has anyone else been able to get it to work on iPad?

Thanks for the info. I will load into my MAC and test it on Safari to see which part itā€™s not working. If you can paste error logs, that would be great

Correct. It should be conf-html-habpanelex

I just tried on Safari
(sorry about the phone photo, itā€™s a work macbook pro :slight_smile: )

Okā€¦so, I just went to 2.5 snapshot for issues with mqtt 2.x binding and now the widget is correctā€¦

But, it never goes to the specified dashboard after 30 seconds.

And the Available Panel IDā€™s is wrong, and doesnā€™t list the current panel.

Additional info: this is in Firefox on Ubuntu.

Yep. Iā€™ve got the same

And the plot thickensā€¦ :grin:

I just tried my panel in Silk browser on an Amazon Fire and the correct dashboard is displayed after timeout.

The IDs are not the panel name. It is taken from the list of Habpanel itself. Also, the ā€œcurrentā€ panel is not shown because I exclude habpanelex from it. We dont want the settings be part of the rotation.

Try this, paste the value you see from this url:
http:// < your openHAB > /rest/items/habpanelExConfig

{"link":"http://192.168.0.12:8080/rest/items/habpanelExConfig","state":"{\"initComplete\":true,\"isShowInDrawer\":true,\"screensaver\":{\"isEnabled\":true,\"timeoutSeconds\":60,\"durationSeconds\":60,\"dashboardList\":\"Testing,Prayers\"}}","editable":true,"type":"String","name":"habpanelExConfig","label":"HPEx Config for habpanelExConfig","tags":[],"groupNames":[]}

Ok, so I stopped, cache flushed, started OH for another reasonā€¦and now itā€™s working on Firefox as wellā€¦

I pasted http://192.168.53.220:8080/habpanel/index.html#/rest/items/habpanelExConfig

But it just showed the dashboards I have defined:

Hmmm. Looks good to me. Do you get any errors from console logs? The settings are retrieved from that item. I already added some cachebusting on the last version so hopefully settings are not cached.

Iā€™m thinking itā€™s more of an iOS issue than Safari in particular since none of the browsers iā€™ve tried seem to work, even though iā€™m using the same saved dashboard that works on my Android and Windows devices so I know the server side is good. From what I recall, all browsers on iOS all have to use the same underlying engine because of an Apple requirement or something like that. Iā€™m going to try jailbreaking and seeing if thereā€™s an alternate browser that will work.

AS I said all seems to work nowā€¦not sure if it was the restart or the cache clearā€¦

Fixed missing () on catch {} block. Modern browsers do not require parentheses on the catch block. I loaded it code onto an older IE and I was able to recreate the issue. Please take latest. Should fix other browsersā€¦

Added on steps:

Note on Upgrading

If you have a previous installation of HabPanelEx, I have noticed that the browser may sometimes cache the javascript file. Always clear your browserā€™s cache when upgrading so you know you have the latest js file loaded.

you should try now

Changes:

Please take latest from

It seems to have fixed my iPad issue, but iā€™m using the Matrix theme from Matrix Theme for HABPanel and theater mode doesnā€™t seem to work on any dashboards but the hpex setup screen. Itā€™s a css conflict somewhere for sure, because if I take the external css file out of my habpanel config theater mode works as expected - just need to figure out where.