HTTP ERROR 404 (PaperUI, ClassicUI)

Any idea what is going on? Frequently updating to the latest snapshot - like today from xx80 to xx82 (the latest). But after upgrading i cannot open my classic UI and PaperUI, Habmin works…

I see the following message in the browser:
HTTP ERROR 404
Problem accessing /login. Reason:
Not Found

I’ve just updated to the latest 2.4 snapshot and seeing exactly the same trying to access PaperUI and BasicUI

I just updated and seeing the same error too, I can’t access basic UI or paper UI.
I tried clearing the cache and tmp folders as detailed here:

Rich’s clear cache recommedation

but that has not solved the issue.

Errors in the logs?

Are they still listed on the dashboard? Can you bring up the dashboard?

Are they still installed (bundle:list)?

404 implies they are no longer installed in OH.

That’s my dashboard, if I click on habmin, habpanel or home builder, they work. The other two do not.

Hi rikoshak

For me both PaperUI and BasicUI appear in the dashboard and show up in bundle:list

I see the following in the logs on a restart as well…

2018-10-09 23:09:07.792 [INFO ] [arthome.ui.paper.internal.PaperUIApp] - Started Paper UI at /paperui

But I cannot access PaperUI.

It’s due to the authentication features that only got partially integrated. See also:

I hope it’s fixed when @Kai triggers a new build. With the authentication features in place it’ll prompt for credentials which are the same as you use on the Karaf console.

1 Like

You’re right - by default if authentication failure is not handled - there is redirect to /login which is left empty. Once you have esh-io-transport-http-basic there is a basic challenge sent which covers “authentication failure”.

I hope it’s fixed when @Kai triggers a new build

New build is running.

Got the new build and the prompt for credentials but it doesn’t accept my Karaf console user name / password combo. The only thing in the log is:

2018-10-09 23:31:48.310 [INFO ] [home.core.auth.AuthenticationManager] - Failed to authenticate using credentials openhab:*******

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

EDIT: I seem to be locked out of everything now. I can’t control any of my devices via Alexa, the openhab app or myopenhab.org. They are all asking for authentication. Well Alexa isn’t she just says "Hmm, item name is not responding.

same here with S#1386

fall back to Snapshot build #1383 which does not include auth

apt-get install openhab2=2.4.0~20181010032256-1

@maintainers:

1. we need a kill switch for the auth. I tried multiple options in runtime.cfg but they didn’t work (org.eclipse.smarthome.core.auth:authentication.enabled=false etc)
  2. set these new features to disabled by default and then allow us to enable them :slight_smile:
2 Likes

I agree authentication should be disabled by default.

yes please. via switch and disabled by default. after OH2 had no authentication for some time now i switched to VPN and will not go back to basic authentication anymore. thanks

1 Like

Same here with #1386. Although that latest build is supposed to disable authentication by default, it does not.
And yes, we need this to get enabled/disabled based on some runtime config option and not by default.
And to issue a warning and point to Karaf auth docs would have been nice.
I’ve been using SSH authentication in Karaf. Now that’s difficult to enter in a basic auth window in a browser :frowning: so I’m locked out, too.

1 Like

Hi @Kai!

Same problem here, I’m running the #1386 snapshot and the login window continues popping up, but I don’t know which is the correct username/password combination. “openhab:habopen” doesn’t seem to work :cry:

Many thanks for all your work and efforts and best regards,

Aitor

Yes same on my system with #1386. Short idea, is there a file that stores the credentials. If so it is maybe a solution to creat such a file with some standard credentials and offer it for download-

after a downgrade, always… Clear the cache

No issues here with S#1383

I downgraded using

apt-get install openhab2=2.4.0~20181006154235-1

Then I cleared the cache per

systemctl stop openhab2
openhab-cli clean-cache

I confirmed that this did indeed remove the /var/lib/openhab2/cache and tmp directories.

systemctl start openhab2

And now no UI’s load. My log file looks like this. I think it’s still trying to load the newer UI’s.

[ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-ui-homebuilder, openhab-ui-basic,
 openhab-action-mail, openhab-misc-openhabcloud, openhab-ui-habmin, openhab-ui-habpanel, openhab-ui-paper,
 openhab-binding-zwave': Unable to resolve root: missing requirement [root] osgi.identity;
 osgi.identity=openhab-ui-paper; type=karaf.feature; 
version="[2.4.0.SNAPSHOT,2.4.0.SNAPSHOT]"; filter:="(&(osgi.identity=openhab-ui-paper)
(type=karaf.feature)(version>=2.4.0.SNAPSHOT)(version<=2.4.0.SNAPSHOT))" [caused by: Unable to
 resolve openhab-ui-paper/2.4.0.SNAPSHOT: missing requirement [openhab-ui-paper/2.4.0.SNAPSHOT]
 osgi.identity; osgi.identity=org.openhab.ui.paperui; type=osgi.fragment; version="
[2.4.0.201810091736,2.4.0.201810091736]"; resolution:=mandatory [caused by: Unable to resolve
 org.openhab.ui.paperui/2.4.0.201810091736: missing requirement
 [org.openhab.ui.paperui/2.4.0.201810091736] osgi.wiring.host;
 osgi.wiring.host=org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.paper; bundle-version=0; filter:="(&
(osgi.wiring.host=org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.paper)(bundle-version>=0.0.0))" [caused by: Unable to resolve
 org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.paper/0.10.0.201810080142: missing requirement 
[org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.paper/0.10.0.201810080142] osgi.wiring.package; filter:="
(osgi.wiring.package=org.eclipse.smarthome.io.http)"]]]

Not sure where to go from here. I saw that upgrading caused folks to get locked out and I don’t want to be locked out of the system. Any thoughts?

I had the same issue. After several tries I also installed the openhab2-addons package along with the downgraded version (make sure you use the version of the same day of your downgrade version) and then the addons and UIs loaded just fine.

Not sure though if it’s supposed to be like that…

Thanks for the tip, that makes absolute sense. I did the downgrade but this time I chose #1383 it brought back my UI’s but they still suffer from that 404 can’t find /login error. However, I can access them from myopenhab for now so at least I have a running system. Here’s what I did:

apt-get update (to make sure I had all the builds available)
apt-get install openhab2=2.4.0~20181010032256-1
apt-get install openhab2-addons=2.4.0~20181010032256-1
systemctl stop openhab2
openhab-cli clean-cache
systemctl start openhab2

This at least gives me a working installation albeit I cannot access the basicUI.