HTTP ERROR 500 - Sitemap 'default' could not be found

HTTP ERROR 404

Problem accessing /basicui/app. Reason:

ProxyServlet: /basicui/app

:frowning:

Ok… let’s do some basic troubleshooting then…
Which version of OH2 are you running? (Beta, RC1, Final, Snapshot). Check file /var/lib/openhab2/etc/version.properties or use Karaf console.
Does Paper UI work? What do you see when you navigate to http://192.168.31.39:8080 ?
In Paper UI -> Add-Ons -> User Interfaces, does Basic UI appear as installed?

Dim.

Maybe I was not clear, I can not even enter to the HO2.
So i cannot enter to any of item on HO2

openHAB Distribution Version Information

build-no : Build #752
online-repo : https://dl.bintray.com/openhab/mvn/online-repo/2.1.nightly

Repository Version

openhab-distro : 2.1.0-SNAPSHOT
smarthome : 0.9.0-SNAPSHOT
openhab-core : 2.1.0-SNAPSHOT
openhab1-addons : 1.10.0-SNAPSHOT
openhab2-addons : 2.1.0-SNAPSHOT
karaf : 4.0.8

What happens when you navigate to http://192.168.31.39:8080 ? (or http://192.168.31.39:8080/paperui/index.html)
This error comes up automatically?

I don’t recall using openhab.app in my OH2 system… maybe this is from the OH1 world…?

HTTP ERROR 404

Problem accessing /paperui/index.html. Reason:

ProxyServlet: /paperui/index.html 

for http://192.168.31.39:8080/paperui/index.html1

for http://192.168.31.39:8080 add automatic openhab.app.

i see also openhab and openhab2 via SSH,

can i uninstall openhab1? may this the issue?

If you have installed OH1 and OH2 in parallel in the same host, try to stop the OH1 service and check OH2 again.

Where do you see info about openhab in SSH?

Ok run sudo systemctl stop openhab.service but now i get page cannot be display,
Run sudo systemctl Start openhab2.service but still - The page cannot be display…

About the SSH

Work!!! i try with Other browser after i trun the Start openhab2.service.

1 Like

can i just delete the folder OH1 ?

Excellent!

If you are migrating from OH1, check the following:
http://docs.openhab.org/tutorials/migration.html

If not (and just had an empty OH1 deployment, just uninstall OH1 to avoid conflicts with OH2)

how do i uninstall? ca i just delete the folder OH1 ?

Big Thanks DIM!!

apt-get remove openhab will remove the package
Or
apt-get purge openhab will remove the package and the associated sub-directories and config files

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo apt-get purge openhab
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
E: Unable to locate package openhab

i will try to read about it, big big Thanks!

i will play with this now.

I may be wrong… I don’t remember if openHAB 1 came as a package… (never used it myself)

You can remove the OH1 directories and also do systemctl disable openhab

1 Like

His path is correct for apt-get installed openHAB2. You have a manual installation.

Thank you Dim . I worked 2 hours and then good shot with your help .

Just for completeness, I received a slightly different HTTPT ERROR 500 message "Server Error"
If someone else comes across this, then to save you hours of time, assuming you have everything else setup correctly (site map name, file in correct location, name configured as default in PaperUI), then the problem is likely the fact that you’re using Notepad++ for editing the configuration files and you have inadvertently set the encoding as “Encode in UTF-8”. Change to “Encode in UTF-8-BOM” and save, voila - the page will load. I literally spent days on this issue!!! The below is the actual error under Classic UI. under Basic UI you’ll get the “It seems like you have not defined any sitemaps yet.” message if the encoding is wrong

HTTP ERROR 500

Problem accessing /classicui/app. Reason:

Server Error

Caused by:

javax.servlet.ServletException: Sitemap ‘home’ could not be found
at org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.classic.internal.servlet.WebAppServlet.service(WebAppServlet.java:169)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:812)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:587)
at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.HttpServiceServletHandler.doHandle(HttpServiceServletHandler.java:71)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:143)
at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:577)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:223)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1127)
at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.HttpServiceContext.doHandle(HttpServiceContext.java:287)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:515)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:185)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1061)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:141)
at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.JettyServerHandlerCollection.handle(JettyServerHandlerCollection.java:80)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:97)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:499)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:311)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:257)
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$2.run(AbstractConnection.java:544)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:635)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:555)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.classic.render.RenderException: Sitemap ‘home’ could not be found
at org.eclipse.smarthome.ui.classic.internal.servlet.WebAppServlet.service(WebAppServlet.java:130)
… 21 more

1 Like

@chimeranzl Thanks for posting this about encoding. I checked this out as a possible answer to my “sitemap could not be found” problem. I either use leafpad or nano for editing so did not expect an issue with encoding.
My problem arose when I did an openhabian update to 2.1.0. Following the update I got a similar message to yours. There had been no change to the sitemap file just the update process.
I made a new copy of the sitemap file and still get the error. Also get the basicui error message you got.
Perhaps I am not creating the new file with the UTF-8-BOM encoding.

Ok an update.
I created a further new file using Geany with the option Write Unicode BOM and scp’d it to the Pi. The file size showed that it was 3 chars longer so I guess that is the BOM signature but this is all new to me. End result was that the sitemap is still being reported as not found. And yes it is present in the required locations.

I had the same error when i upgraded to 2.1.0.
The new version i think is very strict with the sitemap file, if there is just one error in your structure in the file, the error appears. I worked my file with SmartHome Designer and corrected all the errors in the sitemap file that it reported back to me and voila, the sitemap could be read again from openhab.