HTTP ERROR 500 - Sitemap 'default' could not be found

I don’t remember saying that but if I did say that I was wrong. Now it is true that ClassicUI is used far less than BasicUI and I don’t think there has been much work on it at all, I don’t think it has been officially deprecated.

It might be the case that ClassicUI is more sensitive to the .sitemap file name matching the top level sitemap.

@MarineBoss, do you have a Home.sitemap file and does the first line of this file say sitemap Home?

I apologize if I got that wrong…

No problem. It sounds like something I might have said. There is all sorts of wrong stuff I’ve posted to this forum over the years. :slight_smile:

I’ve done it more than once too.

@rlkoshak here is my sitemap.home located at openhabian@openHABianPi:/etc/openhab2/sitemaps

The file should be home.sitemap, not sitemap.home.

I miss typed mine is home.sitemap. I am just not sure why Basic ui works, but Classic doesn’t. I am worried that I have an error that will affect other things in my system. Plus as a programmer I hate having unexplained errors.
When I go to the configuration in paper UI it shows home

Well, as discussed above, unless you really really want to actually use ClassicUI, I wouldn’t work too much about it and just use BasicUI.

If you do really want to use ClassicUI, it might be worth filling an issue on it. There is clearly a bug in ClassicUI of some sort.

Classic is trying to find a sitemap with capital H
how did you specify the default sitemap for Classic? (is it Home or home?)

Case sensitive should have thought of that, working now and the Basic UI goes directly to the correct page without having to select a site map.

Thanks everyone. I am new to openhab, sort of, I was running it for a year or so but not actively doing things with it, just my garage doors, so I wanted to do more so figured I would do a clean install.
I need to investigate the code used so I can catch things like the h vs H.

1 Like

One last thing the Classic UI does not refresh items such as status when the switch is changed, unless you refresh the browser, not sure if I should put in a bug report or not due to the question of if this is a depreciated item.
What language is used for Openhabian, I might download the source and see if I can find time to look at it.