HTTP UI returns 404

Upgrading from OH1 on a RPi to OH2 running in a docker image on a full-scale computer. Using the openhab/openhab official docker image, following the guide on the website.

Things appear to be starting up fine according to the log, except there is no UI available via HTTP.

With log level DEBUG I see this:

2016-10-03 20:26:48.920 [DEBUG] [org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server     ] - REQUEST GET / on HttpChannelOverHttp@6128aa5d{r=1,c=false,a=DISPATCHED,uri=/} 
2016-10-03 20:26:48.921 [DEBUG] [ax.web.service.spi.model.ServerModel] - Matching [/]...
2016-10-03 20:26:48.921 [DEBUG] [ax.web.service.spi.model.ServerModel] - Path [/] does not match any context

Followed by a bunch of debug info that appears related to handling the 404.
Using http:list from the console I get the following:

openhab> http:list
ID  | Servlet                | Servlet-Name    | State       | Alias         | Url
11  | ServletContainerBridge | ServletModel-2  | Deployed    | /rest         | [/rest/*]
135 | IconServlet            | ServletModel-7  | Deployed    | /icon         | [/icon/*]
134 | ChartServlet           | ServletModel-5  | Deployed    | /chart        | [/chart/*]
134 | ProxyServlet           | ServletModel-4  | Deployed    | /proxy        | [/proxy/*]
165 | IconForwarder          | ServletModel-11 | Deployed    | /images       | [/images/*]
160 | AsyncServlet           | ServletModel-9  | Deployed    | /upnpcallback | [/upnpcallback/*]

Those other endpoints appear to work (/rest specifically is returning actual data from my items and sitemaps), so it appears to me that the http server itself is running just fine, I just get that “path does not match any context” error when trying to access / or anything in /static/

The only reference I’ve been able to find for this error is a thread saying “wait 5 minutes”. Waiting over an hour does nothing to resolve the error, so now I’m sort of stuck. Any ideas?

I didn’t experience that error. But I am successfully running the official Docker image. I documented my steps and lessons learned in the following link. Perhaps it may give you an idea.

Your excellent notes were exactly what I used to get things started actually. :slight_smile:
It looks like the problem was in my migrated config files, although I haven’t yet been able to figure out exactly where. I was able to resolve this issue by frying my conf directory and re-importing the entire conf.dist folder. With a default conf folder the UI is startid up now, so I’ll start importing my old configs one at a time to see if I can figure out what was causing the crash.

For anyone in the future reading this:
With an empty directory mounted to the container’s /openhab/conf (as shown in the links above)

docker -it exec CONTAINER_NAME bash
cp -r /openhab/conf.dist/* /openhab/conf/

Will copy a nice clean conf directory to your docker host’s conf folder, and you can get started customizing from there!